Rare team matchups

A lot of these NFL pics are getting major bonus points for having actual AstroTurf in them too. That brings back memories, when was the last official NFL game played on it?

plummer_031221.jpg

I'm almost positive it was Colts Broncos in 2004 at RCA

Right - almost. The last NFL game played on the old-style Astroturf was Colts-Broncos in RCA, but on January 9, 2005.

The picture above is from the 2004 playoffs, notice the colts blue face mask. Last Regular season game it was played on was Jets vs Rams January 5th, 2005...... Who was the last team with in an outdoor stadium to use it?

Ralph Wilson Stadium used it through the 2002 season. Did any outdoor stadium use it later than that?

even tho these teams play 4 times a year and these hurricanes unis are entering their second season, this is the only matchup of these two uniforms. hurricanes always wear black against the isles for whatever reason (same thing for the isles old black jersey vs canes) in fact the canes will wear black the other islander game they will play in carolina.457018422_slide.jpg

preview.jpgThe only such matchup of these unis.2011-12 was the first year of those Tampa uniforms- didn't meet in the 2013 lockout-shortened year, and when they next played each other, Dallas had overhauled their unis.

Too bad only one out of those two uniforms were discontinued.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

I love so many of these . Another "rare" matchup, the first time the dolphins have played the bears in their new set, i really liked the look of this game

130DOLPHINS1020%20CHASE%20CTJ.JPG

The previous matchup before this one

112854465.jpg

and a marino bonus as a gem, i love the way these colors look against each other (shared use of orange as a secondary color until the most recent matchup)

Dent_inside042514.jpg

• Like 1

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

even tho these teams play 4 times a year and these hurricanes unis are entering their second season, this is the only matchup of these two uniforms. hurricanes always wear black against the isles for whatever reason (same thing for the isles old black jersey vs canes) in fact the canes will wear black the other islander game they will play in carolina.457018422_slide.jpg

sad those look good alone and better with each other.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

temp97-0386--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?widt

From 1997, the one and only time the Nikefied Broncos (first season in this set) met the classic Rams getup.

Both of these uniforms are the best worn by their respective franchises. Yeah, that's right, I'm saying the Nikefied Broncos are better than the classic orange uniforms. Come at me, haters. ;)
  • Like 1

preview.jpgThe only such matchup of these unis.2011-12 was the first year of those Tampa uniforms- didn't meet in the 2013 lockout-shortened year, and when they next played each other, Dallas had overhauled their unis.

You should see a doctor because your hate-boner for the Lightning's jerseys has lasted a lot longer than 4 hours. Seriously, this is like the third post you've made today expressing your dislike of their jerseys.

You should see a doctor because your hate-boner for the Lightning's jerseys has lasted a lot longer than 4 hours. Seriously, this is like the third post you've made today expressing your dislike of their jerseys.

I think I overdosed on Hate-Agra. I've unitentionally been a reverse version on PhantomDreamer today.

732622.jpg

The Jacksonville Jaguars wore three different uniforms the last three times they played the Arizona Cardinals

Man, that Jaguars uniform looks pretty nice when you can only see the front of the helmet. But as soon as he turns around, blecch!!!

I really agree. If the Jags just made that helmet normal, and maybe wore white pants a bit more, they'd have a solid look. Nike-fied? Yes. But solid. The look is very color balanced and just for some reason has real appeal to the eyes. Anyways, here's my contribution:tempMLL-131103-0886--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.

Next time they play, this matchup will look very different.

Here's an NBA one-season only matchup:

51964504.jpg?v=2&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=gpwoU9

51964501.jpg?v=2&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=vEnLye

First year for those Heat unis, last year for those Suns unis

It's interesting how the Heat's side panels were cut off before the jersey ends. But the small golden stripes went straight through.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

okay, I've got a few for this thread (sorry if they've been mentioned, didn't read all 19 pages)

1998: red/pewter Bucs vs. Oilers (Tennessee, but still) (bonus points for Bucs wearing red-over-white combo)

z6Wv9TU.jpg

1995: creamsicle Bucs vs Jaguars

3za6YVo.jpg

1989: Bills vs Falcons (both teams wearing red helmets only time ever, previous meeting in 1983 Bills had white helmets & next meeting in 1992 Falcons had black)

8A07Yw3.jpg

Can't find a picture of it, but in 1992 the Pat The Patriot Patriots met the black-helmet Falcons for the only time:

X7wtDI9.png

Honorable mention for this thread: punter Rohn Stark played for both 1982 Baltimore Colts and 1996 Carolina Panthers.

gAyYxcc.jpg

ituqaUj.jpg

• Like 1