Rare team matchups

Speaking of the Bengals, the following year, 1997, in their first year of second-generation tiger-stripe uniforms (w/ the TV numbers on the shoulder and the 'full-body' Bengal tiger on the sleeves) met the black-accented New York Jets for the only time, as the Jets would change to their neo-Namath unis the next year. Sadly, I cannot seem to find any good pics.....

That same year, the old-school Seattle Seahawks met the Baltimore Ravens for the only time; both teams had made changes to their looks by their next meeting in 2003. I have a pic of this one:

1997_2_0.jpg?itok=NJW1LP10&timestamp=144

UBwef0L.png

Speaking of the Bengals, the following year, 1997, in their first year of second-generation tiger-stripe uniforms (w/ the TV numbers on the shoulder and the 'full-body' Bengal tiger on the sleeves) met the black-accented New York Jets for the only time, as the Jets would change to their neo-Namath unis the next year. Sadly, I cannot seem to find any good pics.....

What a stellar looking game that must've been to watch live. I don't have any memory of that one.

092997murrell_500x305.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

What a stellar looking game that must've been to watch live. I don't have any memory of that one.

092997murrell_500x305.jpg

If I didn't know any better, and from a distance, that matchup would look like the Browns vs the Roughriders. (Yes, the CFL team.)

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Only time the Big logo on shoulder Patriots met the Oilers

OILERS-MCGINEST%20TACKLE-155002.jpg

Such a great looking matchup. The Patriots current look is such a drab and boring look, much like the team. But they will never change again.
4 rings are drab and boring?

The way they do is not exciting, yes. Would I want my team to have 4 rings? Yes. But they are not a fun team by any means.

• Like 1

Speaking of Patriots rare uni matchups:

The one time they played the red number Falcons

1998-falcons-at-patriots.jpg

And the modernized Patriots against the old-school black jersey Falcons

15216--nfl_large_580_1000.jpg?itok=jZYyr

The top photo is the Patriots' pre-2000, big-logo-on-shoulder set, while the Falcons' red-heavy road look and the presence of Jamal Anderson in the photo indicate that it was taken during the Dan Reeves era, perhaps during Atlanta's Super Bowl season of 1998. The presence of Tom Brady and Keith Brooking in the bottom photo tells me it's from 2001 or 2002. I'd only consider the bottom to be the "modernized" Patriots, as, while the logo and helmet are essentially the same, the uniform design is a lot different from the 1990s design. Also, holy cow was Jamal Anderson a beast.

EDIT: I just realized that the two photos had two different descriptions. Sorry for correcting you on something you got right in the first place!

The top photo is the Patriots' pre-2000, big-logo-on-shoulder set, while the Falcons' red-heavy road look and the presence of Jamal Anderson in the photo indicate that it was taken during the Dan Reeves era, perhaps during Atlanta's Super Bowl season of 1998. The presence of Tom Brady and Keith Brooking in the bottom photo tells me it's from 2001 or 2002. I'd only consider the bottom to be the "modernized" Patriots, as, while the logo and helmet are essentially the same, the uniform design is a lot different from the 1990s design. Also, holy cow was Jamal Anderson a beast.

EDIT: I just realized that the two photos had two different descriptions. Sorry for correcting you on something you got right in the first place!

The Pats-Falcons one is from 2001.

The Pats-Falcons one is from 2001.

The bottom one is from 2001. The top (Falcons with red numbers) is from Atlanta's 41-10 pounding of the Pats in Foxboro in 1998.

That's a pretty kick-ass match up.

Most definitely. I don't think the Falcons have ever in their history looked better than they did from 1997-2002.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

warren_sapp_1996_10_13.jpg

Only happened in two matchups in 1996; first year of the tweaked Vikings uniforms and the last for the Creamsicle Buccaneers.

Video, but those same Vikings met the Broncos that same year in that teams final year of the classic Orange Crush unis.

• Like 2

UBwef0L.png