Rare team matchups

Cant find pictures, but the panthers played the oilers in 1996. And 1995 marks the only time that the panthers played the gastineau style jets

That game was played at Clemson and featured the infamous Bubby Brister play:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=429_0ybqZOU#t=407s

He may as well have just handed the ball off to Mills.

And my note to Mr. Tom Hammond: You really only need to track the non-embarrassing moments of Jets history. Trust me. It's much easier that way.

The video link you posted is the wrong game

I can only find it as a "last week flashback" from that game vs. Miami. I thought I copied the "time in video" link. Guess it doesn't work. Go to the 6:47 mark...

jetscar_zpsbdaee3af.png

It was the first win in Panthers history to boot.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I think you are right, at least with that Baltimore helmet and the Houston Oilers. The Ravens played the Tennessee Oilers on a few occasions.

The Tennessee oilers only existed for 1 season and that's what the picture is of. The only other way the ravens played the oilers is if it was in 1996 (the ravens first year) when they were still in Houston. But I don't think that happened

I think you are right, at least with that Baltimore helmet and the Houston Oilers. The Ravens played the Tennessee Oilers on a few occasions.

The Tennessee oilers only existed for 1 season and that's what the picture is of. The only other way the ravens played the oilers is if it was in 1996 (the ravens first year) when they were still in Houston. But I don't think that happened

The Oilers were in Tennessee in 1997 & 1998. To add to that, both the Oilers and Ravens were in the AFC Central. They played one another twice each of those two seasons.

They also played each other twice in 1996 in the Oilers last season in Houston.

• Like 3

What about the Rams' (virtually) current drab uniforms vs. the Bills' 2000s monstrosities, circa 2001-02?

hi-res-83077454_display_image.jpg?1354541320

83042631.jpg

Looks like only that one game.

These pictures are from 2008. Teams also met in 2004 at the Ralph.

This actually would come up for the Bills in those uniforms vs. any NFC team. They only met each NFC twice (1 home, 1 away) in those under the NFL's scheduling structure. Maybe a handful thrice, if you count preseason.

I know for a fact that the Rays and Expos happened. But the Marlins and Expos were in the same division since 1993, so I'm not sure what he was thinking.

How about Brooklyn Dodgers vs the Rays?

zimmer_et_al_in_fake_brooklyn_unis.jpg

The Rays wore this too

22June2007%2BDevil%2BRays%2BDodgers%2B2.png

Fun fact: the only stadium the Rays have never played in is Dodger Stadium, and that changes this summer.

How about this?

screencapsej1.png

The Lightning also played the Minnesota North Stars in their first season, and the last for Minnesota.

Are you sure cause I think the Rays played the Dodgers at Dodger Stadium back in 2003

In 2002, the Dodgers traveled to Tampa. In 2005, they played the other four AL East teams. In 2007 they went to Tampa again, and did not meet in 2010 (DET, BOS, NYY, ANA).

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

In 2002, the Dodgers traveled to Tampa. In 2005, they played the other four AL East teams. In 2007 they went to Tampa again, and did not meet in 2010 (DET, BOS, NYY, ANA).

All right I got it just checking and I just thought another one..

1999 the Dodgers with their new road uni vs both the Astros & Brewers

I am having a really hard time finding this, but in 1996 the Islanders played the Jets when the Islanders just introduced the fisherman logo. This was also the last season the Jets were in Winnipeg before they went to Phoenix. I will find a pic as soon as I find one...

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382 

How about this?

screencapsej1.png

The Lightning also played the Minnesota North Stars in their first season, and the last for Minnesota.

Those uniforms were used together for seven years... granted the Bucs and Bolts didn't play each other that often, but this match-up doesn't look "weird" to me.

Lions vs. Chargers 2007

First year in current Charger unis, second to last year in Lions old unis

chargers-ladainian-tomlinson-49-yard-run.jpg

The only difference between that Lions uniform and what they wear now is the number font...

...and the pants and helmet striping, and the logo.

And you call yourself a Lions fan, pfft. :P

spacer.png

How about this?

screencapsej1.png

Those uniforms were used together for seven years... granted the Bucs and Bolts didn't play each other that often, but this match-up doesn't look "weird" to me.

That what I was thinking plus I remember the Buccaneers played the Chargers in San Diego back in 1992.

Speaking of the Bucs I just remember they played the Jets in 97 the last year the Jets wore those famous green helmet.

Lions vs. Chargers 2007

The only difference between that Lions uniform and what they wear now is the number font...

To me, those aren't major changes. The Sanders-era look was the last iteration before what we have now, IMO. But that's a matter of opinion, I guess.

Lions vs. Chargers 2007

To me, those aren't major changes. The Sanders-era look was the last iteration before what we have now, IMO. But that's a matter of opinion, I guess.

Wait, you don't consider a logo change, a pants stripe change and a helmet stripe change major changes?

• Like 1
b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.