Rare team matchups

I can't find photos, but the only time the Tennessee Oilers played the pewter Bucs was in November 1998. Did get some blurry screenshots from a video of a long TD run by Steve McNair. The interesting part is that they wore white pants this game as well.

2rdet5u.jpg

166i244.jpg

• Like 2

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 12/4/2017 at 2:59 PM, Griffinmarlins said:

I can't find photos, but the only time the Tennessee Oilers played the pewter Bucs was in November 1998. Did get some blurry screenshots from a video of a long TD run by Steve McNair. The interesting part is that they wore white pants this game as well.

2rdet5u.jpg

166i244.jpg

The white-on-white combo was the only set worn by the Tennessee Oilers in their lame-duck season under that name in 1998.

• Like 3

UBwef0L.png

24 minutes ago, johnnysama said:

The white-on-white combo was the only set worn by the Tennessee Oilers in their lame-duck season under that name in 1998.

Just to be clear: Are you asserting they only wore white over white in 1998? If so, I believe that's right. Or are you saying the whole time they were known as the Tennessee Oilers? That was for two seasons, and in 1997, they wore blue twice. Once against the Dolphins, and once at the Cowboys.

TENvDAL1997.jpg

I just wanted to make sure I understood what you meant.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, johnnysama said:

I was talking about the Bucs wearing white pants in this scenario. 

• Like 1

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Ted Cunningham said:

Just to be clear: Are you asserting they only wore white over white in 1998? If so, I believe that's right. Or are you saying the whole time they were known as the Tennessee Oilers? That was for two seasons, and in 1997, they wore blue twice. Once against the Dolphins, and once at the Cowboys.

TENvDAL1997.jpg

I just wanted to make sure I understood what you meant.

I was clarifying that the Oilers wore white-on-white only in their last season under that name in 1998. Sorry for the confusion. It's too bad, those blue jerseys were beauties.

• Like 1

UBwef0L.png

55 minutes ago, johnnysama said:

I was clarifying that the Oilers wore white-on-white only in their last season under that name in 1998. Sorry for the confusion. It's too bad, those blue jerseys were beauties.

Got it. And no kidding, those were excellent uniforms.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/7/2018 at 8:08 PM, Griffinmarlins said:

I was talking about the Bucs wearing white pants in this scenario. 

I was thinking the same thing, i didnt realize the Bucs wore the white pants that early into the history of the red and pewter.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, johnnysama said:

fe4f211d-46c1-4a11-bae8-eff7303013f3-lio

With the Jets changing over next year, this season (2018) was the lone meeting between the Lions' 2017 getup and the Jets 1998-2018 look.

Odds are the next time this matchup happens it'll be a hot mess!

• Like 7

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

16 hours ago, dmmdoublem said:

Week 3 of the 2003 NFL season was the only time Cleveland traveled to San Francisco while the 49ers wore their 1998-2008 set. Not a bad-looking matchup, in my opinion. 

linebacker-julian-peterson-of-the-san-fr

Not a BAD matchup, but, much better than this ...

20151213__SJM-49ERS-1213-051.jpg?w=525

But, this is what I prefer ...

130978640.jpg

• Like 5

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin