Rare team matchups

This only happened once and by league rules, cannot happen again.

photos-redskins-are-wearing-a-leather-he

How come everyone doesn't know that the 'one helmet rule' was for last season only? I mean, really, everyone still assumes it exists.

Where have you seen it written that it was only for last season?

PvO6ZWJ.png

How come everyone doesn't know that the 'one helmet rule' was for last season only? I mean, really, everyone still assumes it exists.

Where have you seen it written that it was only for last season?

I'll see if I can find it, but I know I read it somewhere.

are you sure it is not in place for this season?

Really? What was the point of it then? Did they change due to fan backlash like Nike with the toilet collars?

I had not heard it...however I don't expect to see them on the field again regardless.

The Skins wore their 75th only one time also:

Redskins_vs_Giants_line_of_scrimmage_thr

87Redskins.png

Really? What was the point of it then? Did they change due to fan backlash like Nike with the toilet collars?

I had not heard it...however I don't expect to see them on the field again regardless.

He's talking about the one helmet rule, the NFL won't allow them to wear that leather looking helmet again

He's talking about the one helmet rule, the NFL won't allow them to wear that leather looking helmet again

That's exactly what I was referring to, in that it was said that rule was only in place for last season. Something to do with 'breaking in' the helmets and other bs for putting it in place to begin with.

Someone on this board (I don't remember who) has been claiming that the rule was only for last season, and teams will be allowed to have throwback helmets in coming years. However, there have been no articles to back that up. Nothing we have seen so far has said the rule was only for 2013.

I believe I saw it from an outside source, not just a message board posting. I'm trying like hell to find it... Maybe I'm just going crazy, that may be it.