Toronto Raptors to get an overhaul? Maybe name change as well?

toostyling

Toronto Wolves

Primary Color Black

Secondary Color Navy Blue

Third Color Light Blue

Black and navy blue is a big no-no. Even royal blue doesn't work too well with black. If they insist on rebranding, I'd like to see double-blue (like the Argonauts), electric blue/black (like the original Lightning, but with blue as the primary), or Maple Leafs blue/silver. All-blue is just too minimalist for a 1993 expansion team.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Toronto Huskies FTW...an ORIGINAL NBA team, with HERITAGE.

No.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Damn you RCMP! I thought we had a good match. Maybe Toronto Frost or Freeze? It would be an epic name match up when they play Miami

Yes, because singular team names never sound stupid....

Damn you RCMP! I thought we had a good match. Maybe Toronto Frost or Freeze? It would be an epic name match up when they play Miami

Yes, because singular team names never sound stupid....

Okay "disco"god, you obviously know what sounds good! It's much less stupid than Towers lol.

Now, here are some more stupid suggestions:

How about the Toronto Boxers (Boxing day)? could go with a logo of a Boxer (dog), Boxer (athlete), Boxing gloves a guy boxing out another player or a Box (cardboard)!

Color scheme: red, black, gold

Or Toronto Zombies ( Toronto zombie walk)

How about (call me crazy), the Toronto Loon (Ontario's national bird) with the colors Kelly Green and Gold (Ontario's seal's colors). While Loon, might sound weird and not very intimidating, from what I read, they are birds of prey who are very resistant to cold temperatures and are great divers who catch big fish (Bass, Herring, etc.) due to their large bone structure and heaviness. The colors are Ontario's national colors.

How about (call me crazy), the Toronto Loon (Ontario's national bird) with the colors Kelly Green and Gold (Ontario's seal's colors). While Loon, might sound weird and not very intimidating, from what I read, they are birds of prey who are very resistant to cold temperatures and are great divers who catch big fish (Bass, Herring, etc.) due to their large bone structure and heaviness. The colors are Ontario's national colors.

When did Ontario secede from Canada? How did I miss that?

When did Ontario secede from Canada? How did I miss that?

They have a flag with colors.

Edit: Ohhhhh. Didn't mean national.

Raptors is a terrible identity. It's not Bobcats bad but it's up there.

I don't care for Huskies either. Maybe instead of animals go with something more abstract, something in the vein of Celtics or Knicks or Lakers. Something relevant to Canada as a whole or their specific region. Go with a clean, minimalist red and white color scheme (no black) I think you have something.

You don't have to kill the name. Birds of prey are known as raptors. Pick a Canadian bird i.e. the great horned owl and rebrand the image.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bird_of_prey

I actually like this idea. You could use the osprey.

Raptors is a terrible identity. It's not Bobcats bad but it's up there.

I don't care for Huskies either. Maybe instead of animals go with something more abstract, something in the vein of Celtics or Knicks or Lakers. Something relevant to Canada as a whole or their specific region. Go with a clean, minimalist red and white color scheme (no black) I think you have something.

You don't have to kill the name. Birds of prey are known as raptors. Pick a Canadian bird i.e. the great horned owl and rebrand the image.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bird_of_prey

I actually like this idea. You could use the osprey.

Of course then you'd run into the same problem as the Huskies, trying not to look too similar to the Hawks' identity.

I hate the name "Toronto Towers," but then again I hated the name "Washington Monuments" when that was floated around during the last Wizards rebrand. Names like that just seem to gimmicky. And yes, I know the Raptors got their name because the ownership group at the time wanted to piggyback off Jurassic Park's success. "Toronto Towers" is, in my opinion, more gimmicky then "Raptors."

Toronto Huskies FTW...an ORIGINAL NBA team, with HERITAGE.

I'm not to high on the name "Huskies." I mean what heritage do the original Huskies have? One terrible season where they only existed to fill dates at Maple Leaf Gardens. Not exactly a long, storied legacy. The coolest thing about the Huskies' history is that they hosted the first ever NBA game against the Knicks in Toronto. I'm not sure that's enough of a legacy to warrant a rebrand.

That being said, I really like this logo.

TorontoHuskies_zpsf2dfc494.png

The uniform paired with it is seven kinds of crap but the logo's nice and it doesn't look too Timberwolves-y.

That's what I'd worry about if the Huskies came back...an identity looking too similar to the T-Wolves.

Apparently that's why the NBA shot down the Huskies idea when Toronto first entered the league.

Why would you use the singular "Loon" instead of "Loons"? I really like the idea of a team incorporating the loon into their logo design but it would be a terrible name. Canadians get enough ridicule for calling our $1 coins loonies, just imagine what sports writers/bloggers/tweeters would say. I don't like the choice of colours very much either. Kelly green and gold are a nice combo but it might look a little too much like the Celtics. While the crest on Ontario's flag uses these colours it's a primarily red flag and I have never heard of any official "provincial colours" before. If they had gone with a name like Dominion I think a crest featuring a loon (the provincial bird) and possibly a trillium (provincial flower) would look great.

Archived