Irbe dealt

Brass

***FULL STORY***: http://nhl.com/onthefly/news/2004/06/214314.html

Looks like he's heading to Columbus. He'll probably was brought in to give Denis a break from time to time, and will probably get beat out by either LeClaire or Brathwaite....if there's hockey next year....

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Arthritis Irbe..........man......is that dude 100 years old?

He slipped clear down to the ECHL last season. I'm surprised anyone still wants him. It's amazing to me how some guys continue to get breaks, while others are never given a shot.

That being said, he was cool when he played in KC for the Blades.....back when they were the Sharks AAA affiliate.

Irbe refused to accept an AHL assignment, so he played in the ECHL instead. I was never that impressed with him when I saw him play in Lowell. He seemed to have this "minor league is beneath me" attitude, which was soon replaced with the "puck is behind me" feeling.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

i remember when my roomies and I though irbe was cool. now the reactioni s "that guy is still around?" well, if he doesn't like the minors, he better like benchwarming, ona team with Denis, it would be dumb not to have Denis as the starter (IMO)

I think Irbe has lost a step after the 2002 Stanley Cup. But as a Shark fan we will never forget the ride in the 1994 Stanley Cup Playoffs because he was "Like Wall" for the Sharks.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I think Irbe has lost a step after the 2002 Stanley Cup. But as a Shark fan we will never forget the ride in the 1994 Stanley Cup Playoffs because he was "Like Wall" for the Sharks.

yeah, he was hot as hell. I was wondering 'who is this irbe guy? where the Sharks get him from?" after he got bit by his dog though, he never quite regained his form...a shame, I wondered what he could have done if he had not been bit

He'd better be happy he has a job - too many people are out of work or getting laid off. If he's not careful, minor league hockey won't take him.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived