MLB throwback/special uniform thread

ThorSkaagi

Neither the Cubs nor the Reds are wearing any camo today. They are wearing red vs. blue though. I'm guessing they did this on purpose instead of wearing the camo.

reds are

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2013_05_27_clemlb_cinmlb_1&mode=wrap#gid=2013_05_27_clemlb_cinmlb_1&mode=photos

cubs are

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2013_05_27_clemlb_cinmlb_1&mode=wrap#gid=2013_05_27_chnmlb_chamlb_1&mode=photos

Phils2.pngPhils_Primary.pngPhils4.pngPhils3.png

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neither the Cubs nor the Reds are wearing any camo today. They are wearing red vs. blue though. I'm guessing they did this on purpose instead of wearing the camo.

reds are

http://mlb.mlb.com/m...b_1&mode=photos

cubs are

http://mlb.mlb.com/m...b_1&mode=photos

Yeah, I realized after I posted that this was yesterday's game. I was just flipping through the channels and had it on for about thirty seconds without realizing it was a replay.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

The whole Memorial Day camo jersey-thing is probably worth mentioning in this thread too.

Is this the first time MLB's issued special jerseys just for one game (throwbacks aside)?

Depends on if you consider the Jackie Robinson Day jerseys as league-wide special issue jerseys. Can't think of any other examples.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

And I doubt these camo jerseys are one-day only. In the past "Stars & Stripes" were for Memorial Day, July 4 and 9/11, correct? With the camo switch, 9/11 went back to flag caps last year, I believe. Seems to me with the increase in camo, these *should* be Memorial Day-only jerseys, and July 4 and 9/11 should go the red, white and blue route, preferably with only the simple flag cap.

They've said the camo was for Memorial Day and that separate caps for 7/4 and 9/11 are expected

I sure as hell hope so. Camo reaches offensive levels of inappropriate for commemorating September 11th.

the other two dates will have stars and stripes in one way or another, because it's MLB's "Stars and Stripes program"

They've said the camo was for Memorial Day and that separate caps for 7/4 and 9/11 are expected

I sure as hell hope so. Camo reaches offensive levels of inappropriate for commemorating September 11th.

the other two dates will have stars and stripes in one way or another, because it's MLB's "Stars and Stripes program"

Lukas' article on this said all three dates fall under the Star & Stripes Program. It also said there would be separate hats for the other days. In the recent past, the over the top hats were worn Memorial Day & July 4th, and the flag patch hats were worn on 9/11. I don't see why MLB/NE wouldn't say, "Three days? Three caps!"

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Lukas' article on this said all three dates fall under the Star & Stripes Program. It also said there would be separate hats for the other days. In the recent past, the over the top hats were worn Memorial Day & July 4th, and the flag patch hats were worn on 9/11. I don't see why MLB/NE wouldn't say, "Three days? Three caps!"

$$$ talks, so I think maybe ID4 will get a new one and maybe 9/11 gets just the flag patch?

Go A's!

Archived