MLB throwback/special uniform thread

ThorSkaagi

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like July 6th the Rays will wear their fauxbacks as they are giving away a Longoria fauxback bobblehead (which he never wore cause he was hurt) and the promotion says throwback evening.

KISSwall09.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Those are Braves socks - you should see those every game.

Colored pocket flaps seem to have been the fashion for Negro League clubs:

BearsMilwaukeeThrowback_2009_Counsell.jpg

The Braves wear solid navy socks. I don't know wear you've seen them wear those in other games.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

The original design was for the Braves - dates back to the original tomohawk uniforms.

MilwaukeeBraves_calisthenics.jpg

They should have brought them back with the tomahawk in 1987, and we should see them every game instead of just whenever the Braves do a Milwaukee or Boston throwback.

braves.jpg

That's what I meant.

Once again, the ethnic version of "Brewers" looks so much better in that script than the actual team name.

Hate hate HATE that they're going outside team colors again. Can't stand that - you're blue and gold, all these special event hats and jerseys should be blue and gold.

Once again, the ethnic version of "Brewers" looks so much better in that script than the actual team name.

Hate hate HATE that they're going outside team colors again. Can't stand that - you're blue and gold, all these special event hats and jerseys should be blue and gold.

These I don't care for but I love the Italian ones they wore last year.

Wrong Brewers cap - front panel should be gold - but still an amazing look. Gorgeous colors.

I was thinking the same thing. I know a lot of people don't like the BiG stuff but I'm pretty sure the majority around here (Milwaukee) want it back full time. Go to Miller Park and see what everyone is wearing. It speaks volumes.

I don't like their current stuff at all anyway. I'm not a fan of navy and gold and I think the script and number font are dated and need a refresh, but at the same time I don't see them disassociating themselves from the Miller "M"

If all teams did what the Brewers did with various languages, rather than just Spanish, it wouldn't bother me as much. I'd rather them not do it at all honestly, leave the jerseys alone. If you're going to do something different, come up with another cool alternate, not just changing the language. I'm surprised with the popularity of baseball in Japan they haven't done something in Japanese somehow. I do realize it wouldn't look the same font given the letters, but it could work.

2ly2w09.jpg

Lukas has a pic of the Polish jerseys the Brewers -er- Piwowarzy will wear on Saturday. It's on the BP template, and there's a matching hat.

http://mlblogsbrewer...06/img_1420.jpg

It would've made much more sense for them to trot these out LAST Saturday... during PolishFest.

C'mon Brewers... if you're gonna trot out a jersey for every ethnicity in Southeast Wisconsin, at least do it right and sync it up with whatever festival is going on by the lakefront that weekend.

Wrong Brewers cap - front panel should be gold - but still an amazing look. Gorgeous colors.

Unpopular opinion, maybe... but I think both of the 1982 Brewers caps look better with the other uniform.

But someone should bring powder blue back, and it should be the Brewers.

Lukas has a pic of the Polish jerseys the Brewers -er- Piwowarzy will wear on Saturday. It's on the BP template, and there's a matching hat.

http://mlblogsbrewer...06/img_1420.jpg

It would've made much more sense for them to trot these out LAST Saturday... during PolishFest.

C'mon Brewers... if you're gonna trot out a jersey for every ethnicity in Southeast Wisconsin, at least do it right and sync it up with whatever festival is going on by the lakefront that weekend.

Been saying that for a while, but still not happening. Don't know why - the synergy is too good to pass up - unless they're holding out for a sponsorship deal.

Archived