Dallas Mavericks new branding & jersey idea

tysonbrehm

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks scouserduke! I've been visiting Creamer's logo site for awhile now and when I found out about this concept forum I was excited to post something finally. I like to look mostly. I heard about Mark Cuban's jersey contest and wanted to create an entry and thought this would be a good chance to bounce some ideas back and forth with some long-time Mavericks fans. I'll have to post more often because I think this board is entertaining to browse and a great tool for brainstorming and getting help or feedback from other artists and providing ideas as well.

I might be the only one not sold on the logo (though it's less your work, which is doing a great update on an older logo) as it is not being terribly fond of the old Cowboy Hat M logo to begin with. Everything else though, the updated jerseys and the world mark, are aces though.

8VvwoNps.png

Logo looks great for an update to the old one. I wonder though if Cuban is contemplating a logo change. Ive been getting feedback too and some of what im hearing is fans dont like the M and Hat logo because it harkens back to a horrible era for the Mavs in the 90s. I don't see a big deal about it but I can see where they are coming from.

• 2 months later...

i know this is a dumb thing to say, and i'm not a basketball fan... at all... but if the mavericks switched to these, i'd be willing to watch them and maybe buy a jersey.

The logo has actually blown my mind away! This would be the best logo in the entire league.

But I don't really like the jerseys. They are better than what the NBA released the last time, but there is just too much goin' on imo.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

This is pretty amazing. These would go to the top of my list for best-looking unis in the league. The side details are especially great.

That said, one thing my eye keeps drawing toward is the star under "Mavericks" in the wordmark/org mark. It likely is centered, but with the star between "MAVE" and "RICKS" I can't help but see it as off-center.

Great job, nonetheless.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Archived