**UNVEILED** New Dallas Stars logo and uniforms (earlier logo leaks confirmed)

What would it look like without a bevel. If I try to imagine it, I think it looks worse?

If the star and the "D" are the same color, the beveling is the only thing breaking them up (even that is minimal). The more I look at it, the more I like it. Not a big deal to me.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This would be perfect IMO, Green and Gold, no silver aside from the bevel

MCfEChC.png

I think that, as well as some of the other similar mock-ups look a lot better, to the point where I might be OK with it being the new logo (depending on how the jerseys look). However, the big hole in the "D" is kind of bugging me. If they made it bit smaller, it would do a lot.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Maybe with last year's colors?:

CplET4p.jpg

This right here just gave me another idea. This logo could be used on a green jersey, even if there's no green in the actual logo. It may be the best anyone can do.

Plus - it is the beveling that incorporates the silver - it is necessary and artfully done... Looks pretty slick after touching up the rough leak - take a look:

TMcXlq5.png

This rendering right here reminds me of their original uniforms, somehow making that bright green and black combo nostalgic.

I wonder if we'll see an early 90's inspired black alternate somewhere down the line.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

I really like the leaked logo because its simple and distinctive without rendering the star in an overly obvious and overdone way. In other words, Its there but its not there...its subtle. Your brain still has to discern that its a star, which I really like. That has been my biggest criticism of their previous logo; it was too obvious for lack of a better word. The 'D' is still the dominant part of the logo and the focal point, which I also like. Its on a slight angle so it evokes forward movement. I don't mind the bevel and actually believe that its what makes the entire thing work especially with the star portion of the logo. I just sincerely hope that the rest of the word mark is not one big beveled clusterf@#$. All in all, I think its got legs and can be a mark that lasts a long time. I give it an 'A'.

Plus - it is the beveling that incorporates the silver - it is necessary and artfully done... Looks pretty slick after touching up the rough leak - take a look:

TMcXlq5.png

This rendering right here reminds me of their original uniforms, somehow making that bright green and black combo nostalgic.

I wonder if we'll see an early 90's inspired black alternate somewhere down the line.

100% agree.

TMcXlq5.png

That's one darn cool logo. The more I see the logo, the more I like it.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

I've mostly skimmed this thread, but I haven't seen anyone re-color quite like this. Something like this would be my preference. Basically, I'd bring the gold back and ditch the silver, but I wouldn't use a double gold. The gold I picked might need to be tweaked to be a little lighter, but this is more or less what I'd do.

EDIT: Added a second gold. I don't think either are perfect, but somewhere in that range.

stars_logo_recolor.jpgstars_logo_recolor_02.jpg

I've really grown to appreciate the design more in the past couple days, aside from the colors. Yes, in some sense it feels more like a shoulder patch, but I then I think about the best logos in hockey, and the same thing would be said about them if they were unveiled today. Simple is ok.

Basically, I don't love it or hate it. And they certainly didn't have a spectacular logo before hand. I just miss the color scheme.

Another rounded logo. That's neat.

I love the new look, but that circle logo sucks. I'm sick of this trend. The lack of creativity and uniqueness is really getting pathetic. Teams with so much money, just repeating crappy trends like this one.

I don't care about the lack of gold really, I think the color scheme is awesome. That D logo is great too, they just really :censored: the bed with the circle logo.

Blues, Lightning, Stars, Blue Jackets, Wild, the previous Panther logo. Lame.

2ly2w09.jpg

Yes, in some sense it feels more like a shoulder patch, but I then I think about the best logos in hockey, and the same thing would be said about them if they were unveiled today. Simple is ok.

Winnipeg's primary would be a great shoulder patch for an update of the classic stick/circle/name/jet motif. Also, the colors should match the RCAF flag. agree/disagree?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived