**UNVEILED** New Dallas Stars logo and uniforms (earlier logo leaks confirmed)

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am really hoping this grows on me. This was very disappointing. Especially after the Texas Stars released there new uniforms yesterday, which are so nice. The thing that gets me is not that there is no yellow/gold, it's that they are so boring.

I thought theses were suppose to be a classic look? Nothing about these yells old school hockey or classic. Their previous logo was a classic. As a fan of the stars for the last 15+ yrs, I don't know if/how much I can get behind these. This team has been slowly losing me and not sure how much I can hold on anymore.

Jerseys aside, I'm not sure how you can look at a new stable ownership / GM hailing from one of the most successful hockey franchises in the last 20 years and not get a little bit excited. The team has good young talent waiting to develop, and with a GM with proven hockey smarts, well, I don't know if now is the best time to jump ship. Yes, it's been tough the last 5 years, but I do believe the the team is about to turn the corner.

That and the logo is already growing on me, so it might grow on you too. If the Stars start winning again in these, well, even better.

Dont get me wrong, I am not jumping ship. I am excited about certain aspects of future. I just think I got my hopes up too high about the logo and I was disappointed, just like I do with the team.

I guess I really shouldn't pass any judgment until I see the whole uniform package.

but as it stands, the logo is just meh.

In fairness, do you really think people would like the "classic" Stars logo (in your sig) if it was released today? I can imagine cries of "boring," "flat," "tasteless..." (and i'm someone who basically shares your taste). Just sayin'.

I understand that, But to be honest, How many logos that are considered "classic",if revealed today, would be met with such love and admiration. To me,IMO, as fans we grow attached to logo's and the colors of our teams (some more than others), so when change comes, it is very hard to accept. Some can take the changes for what they are, Changes and nothing more and move on. Others take it as an act of betrayal.

In the end, the logo has not grown on me (yet) and I am still excited about the actually reveal.

I respect your opinion on the matter along with others on this board.

slsig_zps2620f60c.jpg

I agree that the green doesn't look Kelly or Celtic green but I used the same green that's in the logo that was leaked.

Until we get to the official unveiling, there's no real way to know exactly what colors will be used. These are leaked images, and the majority of people who produce RGB graphics aren't real particular about accurate color matching.

To me, the Green looks like PANTONE 341 C (which certainly could be called "Kelly Green"), but I certainly won't know for sure until I get my dirty little paws on the official files.

clear.gif

still not seeing that as Kelly...

Can't seem to paste the swatch here...

Here's hoping for : PANTONE

16-6138 TCX

You mean...?:

PTX_16-6138_TCX_SRGB.png

I don't know why it just hit me when I saw that Whalers mashup concept, but regardless, it just hit me:

Skoda_Auto_Logo.png

Go Å tars!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I could see a minor league team using this logo, but not an NHL team.

It was one of those things where I agreed with the change, because I think the Stars logo was starting to look a little dated and that gold is just way too dark. But I think they basically just exchanged one bad logo for another. Its their fourth logo in 20 years and they're probably going to change it again in another five years.

Maybe they want to distance themselves from the Cowboys, but it may not even be such a bad idea to just drop the green entirely and just go in a totally different direction. The other three major Dallas based teams use blue as well as the MLS team. The Stars are the only hold out. The only reason they use green in the first place is because that's what they used up in Minnesota, but there's a team up in Minnesota that uses green as a primary color. An expansion team put in Dallas would never think to make green as a primary color. So why are they still trying to hold onto this history for? Your getting rid of the gold anyway. Why not just go all the way and knock out the green as well and start from scratch?

I could see a minor league team using this logo, but not an NHL team.

It was one of those things where I agreed with the change, because I think the Stars logo was starting to look a little dated and that gold is just way too dark. But I think they basically just exchanged one bad logo for another. Its their fourth logo in 20 years and they're probably going to change it again in another five years.

Maybe they want to distance themselves from the Cowboys, but it may not even be such a bad idea to just drop the green entirely and just go in a totally different direction. The other three major Dallas based teams use blue as well as the MLS team. The Stars are the only hold out. The only reason they use green in the first place is because that's what they used up in Minnesota, but there's a team up in Minnesota that uses green as a primary color. An expansion team put in Dallas would never think to make green as a primary color. So why are they still trying to hold onto this history for? Your getting rid of the gold anyway. Why not just go all the way and knock out the green as well and start from scratch?

But fans demanded Kelly Green gosh darn it.

You're a nut. You're crazy in the coconut.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

If the soon to be former Stars logo is considered boring, what about the Steelers? Not much difference to me.

Boring and unoriginal, but then again the majority of logos in the NFL are boring and bland (or worse, non-existant.)

tigercatssignature-1.png

PTX_16-6138_TCX_SRGB.png

Beautiful colour... Can't wait to see the green jersey. It'll probably vault the Stars into at the least the top 5 when it comes to aesthetics.

That is a great shade. The Cosmos will use something similar this year; after years of being ignored for dark, dreary shades of green Kelly is making a real comeback, and I couldn't be happier.

Oh come on, slight colour changes do not count as changing logos.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

You're a nut. You're crazy in the coconut.

Well, to be specific, he said the roundel wasn't one of the logos he got. I don't have much as far as details go.

It's possible the roundel was scrapped and they are going ahead with the D-star.

Although far-fetched; this might explain the outlining inconsistency from the stand alone "D-star" and the roundel. Has anyone else questioned why one is outlined in black and the other isn't?

A bit of a reach, I know... but these haven't been officially released by the club.

You know somethin', folks? I think more people will warm up to it (or hate it) when we see it on the sweater.

Personally, I wont say anything about it until then... but I will continue to say that it needs to be GOLD!

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

That is beautiful, the navy Whalers set is my favorite NHL jersey EVER!!! I think it might look even better in these colours.

So what about the new Stars logo on this? Basically a recolored Whalers jersey.

Starsunimockupgreen_zpsc4383f18.jpg

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

PTX_16-6138_TCX_SRGB.png

Beautiful colour... Can't wait to see the green jersey. It'll probably vault the Stars into at the least the top 5 when it comes to aesthetics.

Yes...I would love it to be that color as opposed to 341C, which has elements of teal.

PTX_16-6138_TCX_SRGB.png

That is a great shade. The Cosmos will use something similar this year; after years of being ignored for dark, dreary shades of green Kelly is making a real comeback, and I couldn't be happier.

I caution you, though, if you scroll back through the thread that the purported (not official) color we've seen from the mobile device and mock-ups has been a tealish green (might be conversion issues, I understand). My comments with ColorWerx centered around my belief that the above color (which I found on the CWX website) was a true Kelly green and that what we've seen has NOT been .

Archived