**UNVEILED** New Dallas Stars logo and uniforms (earlier logo leaks confirmed)

**Here's my Dallas Stars jersey prediction.

It's based on their statement of considering the team's history into the design...

Stars6_zpsb8ed14fd.png

If it's like this, I would be more than happy.

Yeah, that's the first concept I've seen that doesn't make me upset about the exclusion of yellow.

I have got to imagine this is similar to what they have in mind. I wouldn't be shocked if the silver on the jersey was minimal.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember when that Texas state shape logo came out, it was upside down on the shoulders of all the replicas I saw. Legit replicas in legit stores, not knockoffs.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

no matter how many times I see it, I just can't get this out of my head

dart_logo.jpg

I guess everything with a "d" looks like this new logo?

No just everything with a D in a similar font. But thanks for playing dumb.

You know what else it looks like? The D from the current Stars logo. WHAT ARE THE ODDS!?!?

8892060556_81fe25eb01_o.jpg

I'm still holding out hope that instead of using the roundel on the shoulder, they'll modernize this bad boy.

hhldcpfdcht2xnowxc49egew0.gif

I never understood why they botched the texas outline so badly for this logo. I don't expect 100% accuracy with the shape, but this wasn't even close.

This would be perfect IMO, Green and Gold, no silver aside from the bevel

I wonder how many Minnesota fans will look at this and say "that could have been us, that could have still been our colors!" Too much association to the pre-1992 North Stars (yellow and forest green) to be a Dallas Stars logo (gold and dark green).*

*confession: compared to everyone else on CCSLC, I suck at knowing specific colors, so apologies if my generalizations have pissed you guys off

I can only speak for myself...I grew up with the North Stars and I'd love this. I like that the Stars franchise has not completely pretended that the Minnesota part of its history does not exist. I am well aware that the North Stars will never be back, but I would like Dallas to remind me of them. N-Star to D-Star...green and yellow to green and yellow (with or without minimal black) would be great. But maybe other North Stars fans would not want this...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

MCfEChC.png

I wonder how many Minnesota fans will look at this and say "that could have been us, that could have still been our colors!" Too much association to the pre-1992 North Stars (yellow and forest green) to be a Dallas Stars logo (gold and dark green).*

*confession: compared to everyone else on CCSLC, I suck at knowing specific colors, so apologies if my generalizations have pissed you guys off

I can only speak for myself...I grew up with the North Stars and I'd love this. I like that the Stars franchise has not completely pretended that the Minnesota part of its history does not exist. I am well aware that the North Stars will never be back, but I would like Dallas to remind me of them. N-Star to D-Star...green and yellow to green and yellow (with or without minimal black) would be great. But maybe other North Stars fans would not want this...

Yeah, but the problem with that is, how do you make a D point up? There's no natural spot to put an arrow. If you put it on the left, it will look like a lowercase B.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

MCfEChC.png

That new ultra-contemporary D-Star logo doesn't fit very well with the classic colors. The D-Star is surrounded by black on the primary so that the bevels could pop, and it brings a lot of life to the logo. Having the D-Star surrounded by two light colors does the opposite, or in other words sucks the life right out of it. If the Dallas Stars wanted to go with the traditional colors, they should use a logo that's flat and that will accentuate those colors.

I never understood the appeal of that Texas state outline logo. Every concept I've seen that has it as the primary crest has looked terrible. Just seems so unbalanced and unsuitable for the front of a jersey.

**Here's my Dallas Stars jersey prediction.

It's based on their statement of considering the team's history into the design...

Stars6_zpsb8ed14fd.png

That looks pretty decent. The logo definitely pops more with that white outline on the green jersey, I really hope they go that route on the real thing.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

MCfEChC.png

Yeah, but the problem with that is, how do you make a D point up? There's no natural spot to put an arrow. If you put it on the left, it will look like a lowercase B.

Oh I know. I was saying N-Star to the D-Star above. Letter and star. No need for an arrow to point up (i.e., north).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

dart_logo.jpg

You know what else it looks like? The D from the current Stars logo. WHAT ARE THE ODDS!?!?

Those fonts arent similar at all. :therock:

dart_logo.jpg

They aren't similar at all, they are just italicized

dart_logo.jpg

Those fonts arent similar at all. :therock:

My point was that the D in the new logo looks like the D in the old logo (just beveled). Definitely wasn't comparing it at all the the D in the Dart logo.

MCfEChC.png

Oh I know. I was saying N-Star to the D-Star above. Letter and star. No need for an arrow to point up (i.e., north).

Oh, ignore me. I somehow misread the post you quoted and thought he suggested they should redo the Northstars logo in dark green and gold.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Ok so let me get this straight...

1. The bevel sucks. Worst thing ever.

2. Silver instead of gold? What are they doing? This is a terrible change.

3. Why does the D look like its attached to the star? I can't even see the D properly. Stupid.

4. The roundel version of the logo is so bad. It might actually be worse than the Panthers' roundel.

5. It looks like starbucks! The Dallas Starbucks!

6. Why is the whole thing on an angle? It looks unbalanced. Make it square and boring.

7. The D they used reminds me of every single logo that uses a D, so does the bevel Seattle Mariners aaarrgghhh this is such a rip off of a logo!

I haven't strongly agreed with anything to do with trying to improve this logo. I like it how it is, I really do. It'd be in my top 20 of the league for sure, and don't think that's a joke because I rate the majority of the logos in the NHL quite highly so for it to be above at least 10 others is a good sign.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

It'd look much better IMO if they lost the bevel (I'm in the camp that 80% of bevels look bad in sports logos) and the inner star, and just had the outer star with the D in the middle. So basically just the D with the outline of the star (with the notches for the outline of the D as well.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It'd look much better IMO if they lost the bevel (I'm in the camp that 80% of bevels look bad in sports logos) and the inner star, and just had the outer star with the D in the middle. So basically just the D with the outline of the star (with the notches for the outline of the D as well.)

POTD (Shared)

You're seriously reaching for things to bitch about.

Sorry if you feel I'm "bitching."

I have a feeling that both the Stars and Canes will come up with solid, solid unis, and I'm really happy about both, especially since they're going the traditional role.

However, I am concerned about the color for 2 reasons.

1. Anything even remotely teal will be derided as being too close to the Sharks' aesthetic.

2. Have you ever noticed how poor the lighting is inside the Dallas arena? Everything looks really dark and muddy on TV. Even when they had green in their palette previously, it looked grungy (especially next to the black), so I'm pulling for as light a shade as humanly possible, and I hope they tested the sweater in the arena to see how it looks on TV. To me, to spend all this time on something that the average fan sees as black from far away/ on TV is a borderline waste. (For as much as I love the Wild's third jersey, you don't notice the great color until close-ups are shown of the bench and players...)

It's definitely not teal. Also, teams TV test everything (colors, numerals, logos) before signing off, so if it looks bad on TV, rest assured that at lest one really important person thought it looked great.

Generally, I agree, though I think Texas teams are definitely the only ones that are able to use a beveled star with some degree of success, so I don't mind it so much in this case. I think this logo looks a touch empty without the bevels, but I think that's mostly because I've seen it so many times and it's always been beveled since inception to me, so it just seems "wrong" without it. In a vacuum, I like it sans bevel and straight up.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived