**UNVEILED** New Dallas Stars logo and uniforms (earlier logo leaks confirmed)

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are a lot of Stars fans (or "fans", maybe I should say) who are bitching about this.

These are BEAUTIFUL!

Sure they got rid of gold, which is what many people didn't want, and yeah many of us wish we could have the 99-2000 jerseys back, but I love these. Seriously, just take a look at these facebook comments...

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

By the way, white numbers with no outline and black numbers with a green outline were both very dumb decisions.

???

BL9OeaaCcAEvrjh.jpg

Numbers "à la" Dallas Cowboys?

Kind of, but not quite. The Cowboys have notches in their number set - check out that bottom serif:

Tony-Romo-dallas-cowboys-9246350-500-425.jpg

You're right, kind of. First time I see this in NHL.

These are just as bad as Carolina's uniforms, IMO. Once again, bland and unremarkable, trying too hard to be "traditional and iconic" for a Southern team.

Well they are an original '67 expansion team after all.

Yeah, but the traditional aesthetic still doesn't work for a very un-traditional hockey market like Dallas. These would be perfect if the Stars were still in Minnesota.

Good is good. I don't know how it can be good for a traditional market but bad for a non traditional market. They all play hockey in the NHL. Who cares how long the city has been represented. These are sweet unis, great colors, if it would look good in Boston or Montreal it looks good in Dallas, in my opinion.

It's almost there for the Stars. Still not a huge fan of the logo but with a few minor tweaks the overall look is solid.

1. Scrap the roundel and put the TX state logo on the shoulders.

2. Outline the numbers on both jerseys in black.

3. Green home helmet.

BL9fZKLCQAAj_Pj.jpg

Very nicely done.

These are the best jerseys the stars have worn in my opinion. Even better than the cup jerseys with the jersey star. I always thought that idea was a bit overdone and a bit tacky. These are pure class. And the green is nicer. Overall I really like them. I just wish the numbers had outlines, but not a big deal. I even like the roundel on the shoulders (though, the state D would be better).

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

I just realized why the D in the Stars logo doesn't connect to the star, it's because the D is raised above the star. The black is a dropshadow which blocks out the rest of the star. I (crudely) coloured in the dropshadow to separated it from the rest of the black.

Stars_zps9eff9241.png

Don't know if this has been pointed out before or is a well known thing, but it just blew my mind.

IbjBaeE.png

Yes, it's basically a beveled star with a beveled D sitting on top of it.

It feels good to see so many positive responses. I was fortunate to design the new numbers on these. They went through many variations; outlined/not outlined, but in the end the team had final say. I however like solid numbers in most cases so I am pleased with their choice.

^you had a hand in the design? cool! I like the numbers, just think they might have been better with an outline. Anyway it's all positive from me.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

These might be slagged off as being original 6 dress ups

And rightfully so.

The homes are basically a recolored version of this:

And the roads are more or less a recolor of this:

So what? Those are examples of what a hockey team should look like (and all the teams that look any good have a similar template)! Go name me a team that has a unique, "non traditonal", while good looking template... All the teams with those "new" templates look like garbage (Pittsburgh, St. Louis, Florida, Calgary, Anaheim, Ottawa, etc.)

... and what's this BS that you have to be at a certain latitude to have "traditional" uniforms?

I like them. But I can't not see the Blackhawks St. Patty's sweaters. I wish the home mimicked the road more because that's truly where it's at as far as a timeless yet unique design goes.

Midway.png

They beveled the logo. So much for getting any support among the A&M fanbase.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Yes, it's basically a beveled star with a beveled D sitting on top of it.

It feels good to see so many positive responses. I was fortunate to design the new numbers on these. They went through many variations; outlined/not outlined, but in the end the team had final say. I however like solid numbers in most cases so I am pleased with their choice.

Excellent work. It's another small detail that gives it a Dallas feel. (Choosing silver over gold reads that way to me, too.)

I prefer them with no outlines here. I wish the Cowboys would use their old numbers.

Archived