**UNVEILED** New Dallas Stars logo and uniforms (earlier logo leaks confirmed)

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Stars are the anti-Hurricanes. That green is beautiful and the perfect shade to use in a green-black color scheme.

It looks so good I might have to buy one.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The more I look at these the more I think the only misstep was putting that roundel garbage on the shoulders. Should have been the Texas logo up there. Other then that? I love it. McCarthy's right. This shade of green is perfect to use alongside black.

I dont understand some of ya'll. The stars look every bit as simple as the Hurricanes now, yet nobody likes Carolina's uniforms and not suprisingly most everyone so far likes Dallas'.

EHRMIGERD!!!! Original Six Dress Up for the Stars!

Come on. It shouldn't need to be explained. The Hurricanes look almost exactly like an Original Six team. While the Stars used traditional striping they chose a unique colour scheme that separates them from the rest of the league. Sure, you could find parallels around the league in terms of the pattern, but the colour is what pops and makes them unique.

Everyone compares the Lightning to the Maple Leafs and the Hurricanes to the Red Wings because they look like those teams. The Stars? They just look like the Stars. And that's why this is a job well done while the Hurricanes are rightfully getting torn to shreds.

When they moved to Dallas I always assumed they would eventually change their name to something like Lonestars or change their logo to a star shaped sherrif's badge.

Boooooooooooooooooooooooo

The St. Patrick's Day version of the Hawks' sweater is the official uniform of awful human beings...

Are you trying to imply the Irish in this?

Seriously? Loooooogodude? Is that you?

Like I said earlier I don't mind the outline on the numbers, I originally had them that way but it doesn't NEED to be outlined. There is enough contrast to read these from a distance.

It's not really about them "needing" it or the actual contrast for reading, it's about the consistent and professional aesthetic of the jersey. While there is contrast and you can read the numbers, they look like knock-off jerseys that were personalized at a lousy sporting goods store. If you go to the trouble of outlining and beveling a logo to make it 3 dimensional, it just seems odd that you wouldnt continue that approach on the rest of the jersey.

The Red Wings get away with these types of numbers because their numbering, name, and logo are all consistent on their jerseys. With the new Stars, they're not, and with the actual depth added to the logo by the beveling, they stick out even worse.

Seriously, 3 small tweaks and this look is a total homerun.

1. Outline the numbers and names in black and/or silver

2. Put that cool TX state logo on the shoulders.

3. Green helmets to shut the "Green Blackhawks" people up.

These are OK, but I am disappointed about not using yellow or gold. Dumping that along with the logo that they've essentially had for 20 years, is strange...two elements that are just a part of this team are gone. I just don't see the need to dump that logo in favor of this one.

Given that they did this to the colors and logo...the uniforms are certainly better than Carolina's. However, I'd have preferred:

• Outlines on the numbers. I think silver/gray would look great (along with more silver trim and no/less black). Or just black. The one-color numbers don't look right with the black trim on the jersey. Particularly on the home jersey with the silver outline on the primary crest.
  • Dump one logo. The roundel on shoulder and the Texas logo on the shorts, along with the primary is too many. I am in the minority in that I prefer the roundel...I don't like roundel primaries, but I like that secondary. I'd rather either the primary or roundel be on the shorts and dump the Texas logo.
  • I don't love the striping pattern on the road (kind of reminds me of the viking sleeve...the two colors separated). I'd rather seen "black/green/black) to better match the home jersey
  • I have seen worse fonts, but some of the numbers (9, 6, 3) are too "boxy" if that makes sense. Some of the squared corners should be cut off.

Upgrade from the previous set for sure. And I hated the "big star" jersey, but I'd almost rather they work an update from the original look (1993).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Here's something for y'all. The full body/full equipment mock-up from the official Dallas Stars new Style Guide.

u98re8gj389h57489659.png

I'm in the minority here but the whole package just feels very unoriginal and it really comes off as being a copy of the sharks original set (or a recolor of the blackhawks). The logo really feels like the italicized D and star were forced together against their will, and the bevel does not help it at all.

An updated version of the original dallas set (with more green) would've have been ideal imo.

I gotta say, I really like this new set. I was originally put off by the logo, mostly due to the lack of gold, but seeing it on the uniform, it looks really good. Glad that green has made a comeback. Overall, I think this is a very strong design. Like everyone else, I'd drop the roundel and replace it with the Texas logo.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Like I said earlier I don't mind the outline on the numbers, I originally had them that way but it doesn't NEED to be outlined. There is enough contrast to read these from a distance.

It's not really about them "needing" it or the actual contrast for reading, it's about the consistent and professional aesthetic of the jersey. While there is contrast and you can read the numbers, they look like knock-off jerseys that were personalized at a lousy sporting goods store. If you go to the trouble of outlining and beveling a logo to make it 3 dimensional, it just seems odd that you wouldnt continue that approach on the rest of the jersey.

The Red Wings get away with these types of numbers because their numbering, name, and logo are all consistent on their jerseys. With the new Stars, they're not, and with the actual depth added to the logo by the beveling, they stick out even worse.

Seriously, 3 small tweaks and this look is a total homerun.

1. Outline the numbers and names in black and/or silver

2. Put that cool TX state logo on the shoulders.

3. Green helmets to shut the "Green Blackhawks" people up.

I can see what you are saying but as I said they chose to go with no outline. If you feel it makes them look like a cheap knock off, then that's your opinion and you are entitled to it, but I think they are perfectly fine solid. There are so many sports teams with outline/multi-outlines on numbers anymore that I'm sure it takes some time to get used to a solid only number system. When I first saw the Bears throwbacks it looked weird to me too, but it's now my favorite look for them.

The bevel is more of an accent to the marks, not a true team color.

As far as the TX logo on the shoulder, the team said it didn't look right when seen so close to the primary crest so they moved it to the pant. Again, this is the choice the TEAM made. Maybe they will change their mind, but the overall hate for "roundel" logos on this site is ridiculous.

Logo has grown on me, and these are extremely unique uniforms. Glad they capitalized on the lack of green in the league. I would love to see what the old logo, in the updated colors, looks like on the unis.

the color scheme may be unique but the uniform/striping patterns have definitely been around in many interations...I think traditional may be more appropriate as opposed to unique.

Archived