**UNVEILED** New Dallas Stars logo and uniforms (earlier logo leaks confirmed)

I'm really missing the gold here. Yeah, these are quite nice, but it's just hard for me to think "North Stars/Stars" without gold/yellow. It's the one thing that keeps me from really liking this new look.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the uniform looks great! I'd give it an A for sure. The stars just went from bottom 5 to top 10 looks in the league! That being said, I'd have loved to see something more like this with gold or yellow...

DallasStarsTweak_zps5f7e211a.png

Also, I liked the old crest. They didn't need to change it. The new one is nice, but it could have well just been an alternate to go with the old crest IMO.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

After letting it all sink in and seeing the full uniform and logos together, I really like this new branding. I dont mind the lack of gold/yellow. I still wish we had that color,but over all I am ok with it being gone. I am giving this a 8.5 out of 10. I can not wait to see both of my Stars on the Ice next season (Dallas/Texas). Its like I get the best of both worlds with those teams, uniform wise.

slsig_zps2620f60c.jpg

Somehow that Texas State patch looks really awkward on the shoulder there. Or rather, the way that logo is executed just looks very awkward. Easily the worst part of this identity package if you ask me, and I actually think the roundel looks better.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

I like the new Stars look a lot! There are some similarities to other uniforms, like the Blackhawks, but overall, it looks way way WAY better than those abominations they had the last few years. Huge upgrade for sure!

VHj90kn.png

I can see what you are saying but as I said they chose to go with no outline. If you feel it makes them look like a cheap knock off, then that's your opinion and you are entitled to it, but I think they are perfectly fine solid.

The inconsistency in the jersey is what makes them look like a knock-off not the solid numbers themselves. Those numbers look fine on teams like the Leafs, WIngs, Lightning, etc. who dont outline their logos (or do so in white). On teams that do outline they look out of place and like some of the bad customization jobs you see when you go to games.

There are so many sports teams with outline/multi-outlines on numbers anymore that I'm sure it takes some time to get used to a solid only number system.

and those teams all have logo outlines.

When I first saw the Bears throwbacks it looked weird to me too, but it's now my favorite look for them.

throwbacks are a different ballgame. they're one offs for nostalgia, not to mention football jerseys typically dont have a logo to conflict with.

The bevel is more of an accent to the marks, not a true team color.

it may not be a color but it adds depth to the logo, which doesnt help a two-dimensional name/number set.

As far as the TX logo on the shoulder, the team said it didn't look right when seen so close to the primary crest so they moved it to the pant. Again, this is the choice the TEAM made.

isnt the roundel logo in the same exact place?

Maybe they will change their mind, but the overall hate for "roundel" logos on this site is ridiculous.

most of the overplayed fads in uniform design get fried here. Usually for good reason. Although I think it's more of the TX state logo being better than the roundel being anything really bad.

I really like what I see here! The elimination of gold is definitely not bad like I thought it would be. Though the jersey templates don't exactly expand on the creative side, it's a very solid identity. Definitely liking the 'Fighting Soiux' look going on here as well, the green looks awesome.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

I can see what you are saying but as I said they chose to go with no outline. If you feel it makes them look like a cheap knock off, then that's your opinion and you are entitled to it, but I think they are perfectly fine solid.

The inconsistency in the jersey is what makes them look like a knock-off not the solid numbers themselves. Those numbers look fine on teams like the Leafs, WIngs, Lightning, etc. who dont outline their logos (or do so in white). On teams that do outline they look out of place and like some of the bad customization jobs you see when you go to games.

There are so many sports teams with outline/multi-outlines on numbers anymore that I'm sure it takes some time to get used to a solid only number system.

When I first saw the Bears throwbacks it looked weird to me too, but it's now my favorite look for them.

throwbacks are a different ballgame. they're one offs for nostalgia, not to mention football jerseys typically dont have a logo to conflict with.

it may not be a color but it adds depth to the logo, which doesnt help a two-dimensional name/number set.

As far as the TX logo on the shoulder, the team said it didn't look right when seen so close to the primary crest so they moved it to the pant. Again, this is the choice the TEAM made.

Maybe they will change their mind, but the overall hate for "roundel" logos on this site is ridiculous.

most of the overplayed fads in uniform design get fried here. Usually for good reason. Although I think it's more of the TX state logo being better than the roundel being anything really bad.

and like I said you are entitled to your opinion, which is what you have just stated in this post, opinions.

and like I said you are entitled to your opinion, which is what you have just stated in this post, opinions.

Thank you for telling me my post on an internet forum about uniform styles was an opinion. Very insightful.

These might be slagged off as being original 6 dress ups

And rightfully so.

The homes are basically a recolored version of this:

And the roads are more or less a recolor of this:

So what? Those are examples of what a hockey team should look like (and all the teams that look any good have a similar template)! Go name me a team that has a unique, "non traditonal", while good looking template... All the teams with those "new" templates look like garbage (Pittsburgh, St. Louis, Florida, Calgary, Anaheim, Ottawa, etc.)

... and what's this BS that you have to be at a certain latitude to have "traditional" uniforms?

Oh yeah?

stanley-cup-colorado-avalanche-june-11th-19961.jpg

source_274_97074.jpg

Panthers03.png

Capitals_display_image.jpg?1345317682

All modern templates, all fantastic looks. Modern doesn't have to be some Edgified crap.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Well put Big Bubba. If it weren't for the whole Edge debacle, many of those fantastic jerseys would still be around today. I will never forgive Gary Bettman, the NHL and especially Reebok for ruining hockey aesthetics.

Green numbers with a silver/gray outline and black drop shadow (not as extreme as the old North Stars shadow) might have worked as well to tie the gray in the logo in to something else on the uniform.

At the very least, if they wanted single color numbers/letters, the NOB should have been black and the numbers green, as that would have matched the striping perfectly.

Exactly.

F'ing brilliant.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Overall, it's a better look for the Stars than the old one, so it's an upgrade, even without gold. One nitpick: The stripes on the away should be flipped, because then it would be green-white-black-white for both jerseys. What was the point of making it black-white-green-white?

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Archived