Luke_Groundrunner

**UNVEILED** New Dallas Stars logo and uniforms (earlier logo leaks confirmed)

I think it would look amazing with no black. Green and silver is a great, underused combo. Black makes it worse.

Of course, as a fan of the former North Stars, I was hoping for some yellow, but oh well.

The italic isn't unnecessary. Every stars logo since 1967 has been italic.

No gold is okay with me. Agreed in the bevel. I also wish there was less black in the roundel.

You son-of-a-bitch, your avatar logo IS silver. I just thought the exposure was messed up. The colors were under our nose the entire time. :cursing:

From what I've heard, the green jersey has no shoulder yoke but the white has a green one.

I'm not a fan of these logos. At all. The D-star looks strange. In some spots the star looks like it is connected to the D, in other spots it's clearly behind it. I'm not a big fan of beveling in general, and I think having the different bevels on the D and the star make it worse. The biggest thing is that the D just looks to me like it was thrown on to an existing logo (which it more or less was). To me, this looks like a bastardization of big-league team's logo that a minor-league affiliate would use.

Also, the roundrel sucks, and will suck even harder if it's a shoulder patch. If the HAD to use a roundrel, don't put the primary logo in it. Having the primary logo on the same jersey with the primary logo in a circle is lazy.

One more time...here's it is with gold

Stars-2_zps1265d836.png

Looks good just maybe a lil silver trim around the gold, then it might look better?

Nah, 5 colors are enough.

Pretty sure the striping is different. Like some white in the green jersey. But I haven't seen it. Just going off of descriptions I've heard.

As a Stars fan for the past 20 years, who has a great appreciation for the North Stars heritage, I love the new primary logo. Indifferent on the roundel.

As a Stars fan for the past 34 years. I hate it!

Here you go guys...

Stars-2_zps1265d836.png

Major improvement from the real thing.

I can already tell from how they ditched gold that the uniforms will be the most boring, generic pieces of crap this side of the Lightning, though.

I think an italic "S" in the D hole wouldve been fine, putting something in that black space.

Well at least they kept the star, in spirit.

I think an italic "S" in the D hole wouldve been fine, putting something in that black space.

As a rule of thumb, you should never put anything in the D-hole.

Cleaner version of the Primary from the megathread.

NewStarsLogo_zps59c60173.png

Really impressed with the new look. Goes from being generic to being Dallas/Texas. Well done. My take on the evolution:

1. Minnesota North Stars (very cool brand)

2. Dallas Stars until 2013 (we're still a team called the Stars but we're not in the North anymore)

3. Dallas Stars 2013+ (we're the DALLAS STARS and proud of it)

I am a huge Stars fan and I know I am in the minority, but I actually like the green and silver. For some reason, it makes the green pop out a little more than the gold. I really, really like the colors. I am kinda indifferent on the logos though. The lower left outline with the D coming out of the star is a little odd looking to me, but it isn't horrible. It might grow on me.

jhepegs329pc7ugyypebl28wg.gif

NewStarsLogo_zps59c60173.png

A bit lookalike but acceptable.

Would have been even more of a look alike if the Red / White / Blue rumors came true in Dallas...but it would make for an interesting mashup to have the Texas flag wrapped around the new Dallas logo.

I am really hoping this grows on me. This was very disappointing. Especially after the Texas Stars released there new uniforms yesterday, which are so nice. The thing that gets me is not that there is no yellow/gold, it's that they are so boring.

I thought theses were suppose to be a classic look? Nothing about these yells old school hockey or classic. Their previous logo was a classic. As a fan of the stars for the last 15+ yrs, I don't know if/how much I can get behind these. This team has been slowly losing me and not sure how much I can hold on anymore.

I think Japanese Throwing Stars when I see this. Not sure if that's a good thing or not.

(Obligatory Butters w/ Throwing Star in his eye image):

sp_0801_06_m4.jpg?width=200

Back in HS it seemed like every gothy / punk d-bag had a beveled star tattoo on their arm or elbow...so that's what I usually think of when I see a beveled star in a logo.