**UNVEILED** New Dallas Stars logo and uniforms (earlier logo leaks confirmed)

When I first saw it, I saw an "R" instead of a "D." I realize that it's a "D," but I can't un-see it now and it bothers me. I'm not exactly sure what I would do to fix it, but to me it looks like they weren't either. It feels like they were so close to nailing it, but just gave up and went with "good enough" instead of "perfect."

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am really hoping this grows on me. This was very disappointing. Especially after the Texas Stars released there new uniforms yesterday, which are so nice. The thing that gets me is not that there is no yellow/gold, it's that they are so boring.

I thought theses were suppose to be a classic look? Nothing about these yells old school hockey or classic. Their previous logo was a classic. As a fan of the stars for the last 15+ yrs, I don't know if/how much I can get behind these. This team has been slowly losing me and not sure how much I can hold on anymore.

Jerseys aside, I'm not sure how you can look at a new stable ownership / GM hailing from one of the most successful hockey franchises in the last 20 years and not get a little bit excited. The team has good young talent waiting to develop, and with a GM with proven hockey smarts, well, I don't know if now is the best time to jump ship. Yes, it's been tough the last 5 years, but I do believe the the team is about to turn the corner.

That and the logo is already growing on me, so it might grow on you too. If the Stars start winning again in these, well, even better.

I am really hoping this grows on me. This was very disappointing. Especially after the Texas Stars released there new uniforms yesterday, which are so nice. The thing that gets me is not that there is no yellow/gold, it's that they are so boring.

Well, I'd say they're boring in part because the team dropped the gold.

But I agree about the Texas Stars' uniforms. I love this home uniform, especially the color scheme:

970659_10151684321266869_1678650961_n.jpg

Add the new D-star to it and you'd have a solid look.

I think Japanese Throwing Stars when I see this. Not sure if that's a good thing or not.

(Obligatory Butters w/ Throwing Star in his eye image):

sp_0801_06_m4.jpg?width=200

To be honest, I'm kind of getting a subliminal spur thing going on. Probably just me seeing things, but hey, spurs have spikes radiating from a center.

Spurs_cowboy_crockett.jpg

Silver, Dallas-Westerny. Just where my brain goes a bit.

But I agree about the Texas Stars' uniforms. I love this home uniform, especially the color scheme:

Was just throwing something together quick...ignore the shoulder patch, This template works great with the new Dallas colors and logo:

jerseyunveil.jpg

70389454.png

Was just throwing something together quick...ignore the shoulder patch, This template works great with the new Dallas colors and logo:

jerseyunveil.jpg

The lack of black stripes in the white set it very nice. I doubt they'll be this sophisticated but if they could resist and minimize the black, it will be a great look.

Can we see the green set with minimal black too?

Honest question... where did anyone say the logo would be classic? I only recall hearing that the uniforms as a whole would be traditional and classic.

Slap this logo on und's sweaters and it looks pretty classic to me.

Well, that sure is some beveling, I guess. Looks pretty crappy without gold. I mean, it's better than what they have now, but what isn't? Not impressed.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Why would they spend the last five years wearing gold with no green, and now wear green with no gold? They're making things so much harder for themselves.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The outline of the D bothers me. It looks cut off randomly in some places. The left side looks good, but the curve looks bad to me.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

I thought theses were suppose to be a classic look? Nothing about these yells old school hockey or classic. Their previous logo was a classic. As a fan of the stars for the last 15+ yrs, I don't know if/how much I can get behind these. This team has been slowly losing me and not sure how much I can hold on anymore.

Jerseys aside, I'm not sure how you can look at a new stable ownership / GM hailing from one of the most successful hockey franchises in the last 20 years and not get a little bit excited. The team has good young talent waiting to develop, and with a GM with proven hockey smarts, well, I don't know if now is the best time to jump ship. Yes, it's been tough the last 5 years, but I do believe the the team is about to turn the corner.

That and the logo is already growing on me, so it might grow on you too. If the Stars start winning again in these, well, even better.

Dont get me wrong, I am not jumping ship. I am excited about certain aspects of future. I just think I got my hopes up too high about the logo and I was disappointed, just like I do with the team.

I guess I really shouldn't pass any judgment until I see the whole uniform package.

but as it stands, the logo is just meh.

slsig_zps2620f60c.jpg

Archived