**UNVEILED** New Dallas Stars logo and uniforms (earlier logo leaks confirmed)

While the current primary logo is a great crest and a modern classic in its own right... the more I look at this new logo, the more I like it.

It doesn't necessarily scream "classic" like what we kept hearing, but it certainly feels like a natural evolution of their current branding. I'll miss the current colours, but that green, black and silver colour scheme is actually rather nice and I can't wait to see how it looks on the actual uniforms. And hey, if you guys hate the lack of gold that much, I'm sure the team will listen and add it back in somewhere down the line. You demanded green, you got green. And I really wish a certain other team's fanbase would be more vocal and active like that... but, I digress.

Another thing with this new logo package, in a way it feels like they listened to the cries of former North Stars fans wanting their old identity back, and then said "You know what, :censored: you, we're gonna take this thing and really make it our own." It certainly feels less North Stars-y despite keeping the slanted star that's been around since day one, and I applaud them for heading in this new direction while keeping the feel of the Dallas Stars identity intact.

With all that said, the roundel sucks.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would they spend the last five years wearing gold with no green, and now wear green with no gold? They're making things so much harder for themselves.

Different owner, coach, gm, roster, president... no one is left that made us black and gold. The fans wanted green and got it. I applaud them.

Got a larger image of that tweaked logo by itself?

rlU0zyL.png

My tweaks are far from perfect, but you get the idea: straightened-out star with less italicized D and gold reintroduced to the color scheme.

I like the idea of a symmetrical star with an italicized "D". Got to say though - I like the silver better with this particular design. Yeah, kinda old-school Philly Eagles-ish, but that was a hell of a good look.

The italic star is the best part. Every logo since 1967 has had that same shaped star.

Exactly. The Gold on Lights Out's update certainly looks nice but I much prefer the silver. In fact, I can't say enough good things about these new logos. Even the roundel makes for an excellent secondary mark. A+ for Dallas.

Even the roundel makes for an excellent secondary mark. A+ for Dallas.

No, it doesn't. It's one thing if the roundrel was the primary, but the D-star was featured on jerseys, which is what baseball teams have been doing by sticking their cap logos in roundrels. However, it blows as a secondary logo. Having a logo, then having that same logo in a circle with words does not make a good secondary. The secondary logo should bring something to the package the primary doesn't, and I don't mean spelling the name out.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Maybe this will put things in perspective:

Stars-Logo-History.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I haven't taken the time to go through the whole thread, so forgive me if this has already been mentioned a thousand times already, but the crest looks like a badge to me. Depending on what the uniforms look like, this could grow on me.

Maybe this will put things in perspective:

As for the italicized star...yep. But the absence of yellow / gold sticks out here too.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived