**UNVEILED** New Dallas Stars logo and uniforms (earlier logo leaks confirmed)

Like most others, I wish there was some more gold, but I'm actually really liking this logo. I like the silver vs green.

However, I hope some of these concepts are wrong when it comes to the jerseys, because they look almost exactly like the San Jose Sharks' current jerseys. (Or what they should look like with a replacement of the orange with silver. And of course teal for green.)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a larger image of that tweaked logo by itself?

rlU0zyL.png

My tweaks are far from perfect, but you get the idea: straightened-out star with less italicized D and gold reintroduced to the color scheme.

I definitely like your tweaked logos better. The gold looks so much better than the silver IMO.

Eh, the logo can be pretty good depending on the execution on the uniforms, but I'm agreeing with the choir that they made a mistake removing gold from the scheme

EDIT: Is it just me or am I getting a Brooklyn Brewery vibe out of the roundel all of a sudden?

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

That's the Stinger Table Hockey app. It lets you upload your own images as crests onto their generic jersey templates. Don't take it as anything more than someone using the new logo in the game

Midway.png

I remember someone hinting that the Stars were looking to emulate the Cowboys in some form. Sounded like a bunch of rubbish but now I can see their green and silver being their intended counterpart to the blue and silver.

Midway.png

Good Lord, that blows. Honestly, I don't even like any of the gold recolours/tweaks/revisions posted. For an AHL team or even and expansion team, sure, it's alright, but it sucks for the Stars.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

This logo is so :censored:ing awful, that I actual would be in favor of keeping the "college script".

This is probably the worst logo I have ever seen in the big 4.

LMFAO! quit trollin'!

both logos look sweet to me. i understand the loss of gold hurts to fans, but from an outsiders POV the color palette is really good.

It's pretty bad dude.

Reasons behind it aside, I don't like the slanted star as it always results in the crest looking awkward on the jersey, never perfectly centered.

No strong feelings about this at all, super nondescript look so far. It's just... there.

Despite the lack of gold in the logo, It is a Massive upgrade over the previous identity. It might not be the classic logo, but this is still a very good logo and adding gold makes it great. (**) (**) (**)(*.5)(*)

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

390x325xDallas-Stars-New-Logo-2014-390x325.jpg.pagespeed.ic.dd0RsAAzec.jpg

All this talk about kelly green coming back, when it reality there's a touch of teal in that shade of green!

And we all thought they would look like the North Stars again...Boy that wasn't the case!

Regardless of whether or not you like the new design, it is most definitely not an "amateur" offering in any possible way. It maddens me to see people spouting off and saying such stupid things just because they didn't like the colors or the idea.

I agree with you in theory, but one could make a reaching case for "amateur" with the way the black stroke of the D cuts off three of the five star-points. Lower-right looks especially clunky.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I agree with you in theory, but one could make a reaching case for "amateur" with the way the black stroke of the D cuts off three of the five star-points. Lower-right looks especially clunky.

This is my biggest beef with the logo, aside from that, I really like this logo.

8prlQWA.png

I remember someone hinting that the Stars were looking to emulate the Cowboys in some form. Sounded like a bunch of rubbish but now I can see their green and silver being their intended counterpart to the blue and silver.

I was thinking this too after finally jumping over here from the NHL megathread. The Stars have now officially become the Dallas Stars. It's not just the Cowboys - silver is part of every Dallas team. The Cowboys and Mavs pair it with double-blue, the Rangers with red and blue, and now the Stars are silver and green.

Heck, the Mavs might be tempted to steal this scheme for their new "fan-made" look. Or maybe even green-silver-navy.

And one thing I haven't seen mentioned in all the laments about the passing of a unique color scheme: The Wild are now free to go green and gold. You know they want to. As much as I like the Wild's original unis, if they end up green and gold I don't think too many people will be upset that Dallas went green-silver-black.

EDIT: Also, this is just a leak. We haven't seen the rebrand yet.

The italic star is the best part. Every logo since 1967 has had that same shaped star.

Keep in mind that, overall, I like the new logo.

That being said if it's so important to keep the italic star because it's been there since day one, why abandon the gold?

Archived