**UNVEILED** New Dallas Stars logo and uniforms (earlier logo leaks confirmed)

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To all you haters you will grow to accept it pretty quickly I think.

"You'll get used to it" is hardly a ringing endorsement.

by "accept it" I mean change your opinion and realize that it's actually not as bad as you originally felt. Guaranteed that will happen with a lot of people.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

One more time...here's it is with gold

Stars-2_zps1265d836.png

Looks good just maybe a lil silver trim around the gold, then it might look better?

Nah, 5 colors are enough.

Now I know was bugging me the star and D should be different colors like gold & white. I'm on my phone so I can't mock something up but I think it would look a million times better.

I don't really like it unfortunately, and while I don't think it's a terrible logo, I always looked at the Stars as having one of the coolest identities in the league, which is now lost. That STARS over the italic star I always loved, for some reason to me it was a modern classic. Very simple but it was exactly perfect.

What I like about this change is the idea of incorporating silver to match with other Dallas teams, while keeping green to acknowledge their own past. I just think it would be better if it was an expansion team, I'd have no issues with it then.

Gold, green and black was beautiful, silver replacing gold makes it seem much emptier and not as complete. I think I'm extra disappointed because it doesn't remind me of stars or the night sky, to me it sorta looks like some kind of western boot spur, and reminiscent of cowboys. I'd love a set reminiscent of the night sky, it's one of the most beautiful things to get inspiration from. And ironically, the Minnesota Wild have a set that reminds me more of it than the Stars do, due to their gorgeous logo. And I do know the Stars did try that with the Mooterus to disastrous results, but it doesn't mean they shouldn't try again. Even a change back to the late 90's jerseys, or even the early 90's jerseys would have been welcome, as both were miles better than this. Lol, anyways, I suppose I'm not into western stuff so it doesn't appeal to me, but I understand others might feel the opposite.

Stars-2_zps1265d836.png

Looks good just maybe a lil silver trim around the gold, then it might look better?

Now I know was bugging me the star and D should be different colors like gold & white. I'm on my phone so I can't mock something up but I think it would look a million times better.

Okay, let's try this one more time...

Starslogo2_zps2b30aca6.png

by "accept it" I mean change your opinion and realize that it's actually not as bad as you originally felt.

Yes, that's what I said.

Hardly a ringing endorsement. And I rather like the logo.

I said from the day they moved from Minnesota that it would have made so much more sense to name them the Lone Stars, instead of just Stars.

No. That's a stupid name for a team sport.

For a collection of individuals working together to achieve a common goal, I think it fits well enough. Nothing's wrong with Stars though.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

I said from the day they moved from Minnesota that it would have made so much more sense to name them the Lone Stars, instead of just Stars.

For a collection of individuals working together to achieve a common goal, I think it fits well enough.

No, it doesn't. If you are a group of individuals (ie a team) are working together to achieve a common goal then you're not alone.

Stars-2_zps1265d836.png

Okay, let's try this one more time...

Starslogo2_zps2b30aca6.png

It's alright, but the green outline doesn't really work for me. Not a bad alteration though.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

For a collection of individuals working together to achieve a common goal, I think it fits well enough.

No, it doesn't. If you are a group of individuals (ie a team) are working together to achieve a common goal then you're not alone.

Understood. I never defined "alone" as merely being by yourself, though. I guess that's why I see it differently.

Didn't we hear the same thing about the Buffaslug and the Mooterus?! "You'll get used to it". Yeah...

Understood. I never defined "alone" as merely being by yourself, though. I guess that's why I see it differently.

What's your definition of "alone"? It's fairly clear that a "collection of individuals" (or, say, a "group") is not really synonymous with "alone".

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Didn't we hear the same thing about the Buffaslug and the Mooterus?! "You'll get used to it". Yeah...

What's your definition of "alone"?

I've come to define "alone" in the sense that there is no one person like me. Since it is possible to be among people yet still feel "alone," then there must be more to the meaning of the word.

Then again, most of the sports teams I played on growing up were never exactly close.....

To me- the Stars logo is kind of a modern classic. Not that it's that good, but it's been around for 22 years and the team has achieved much success while wearing it. They should have kept it and just 'modernized' it. Same treatment the Habs, Wings, Blackhawks, Bruins, Rangers, Penguins, Blues, Flames, Devils, Islanders, Sharks have had over the years. Some are good, but others we have just come to know so well. They could have easily just easily just taken the logo and made it more dynamic, I guess you could say.

It will be back within ten years, if not sooner. As will the Ducks goalie mask logo.

sig.png

Archived