No poll for this because I already did one today. I would also like to see discussion.

So, I made a Stars gold/harvest gold concept and while that was happening I wondered, would logos look better unbeveled? I decided to make six concepts (so, yes, mods can be able to move this to concepts if they want, even though I really don't think it's good enough material for that subforum).

Link for that: https://drive.google.com/?usp=chrome_app#folders/0B0E8Fv0QIMKASEd3czN0Ym1acmc

I want to know what you think, would logos look better beveled or unbeveled?

97uyh0.jpg

Bruh check out my last.fm

And my Rate Your Music

Fantasy Teams: Seattle Spacemen (CFA)

Signature credit to Silent Wind of Doom

Logos that look good without beveling:

LAA Angels

Houston Astros

Oklahoma State (my Favorite)

Texas A&M

The only logos from the group that are better when beveled are the Tennessee Titans and the Columbus Blue Jackets.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

I know I'm echoing the "depends on the logo" thought here, but a lot of it also depends on your personal preference of cleaner vs more detailed. I'm a fan of simple, clean logos so 9/10 times I'm going to say unbeveled, but if you like more detailed, dynamic logos you might prefer a beveled to non-beveled the majority of the time.

This is obviously referring to a logo that isn't objectively better one way or another.

I never understood people on here writing off an entire design element in all instances.

Gradients, bevels, copperplate, piping, they all have their place.

And btw, if you've ever actually created bevels you'll know it's in no way "lazy," there is no "bevel tool" or "bevelize" filter...

I never understood people on here writing off an entire design element in all instances.

Gradients, bevels, copperplate, piping, they all have their place.

And btw, if you've ever actually created bevels you'll know it's in no way "lazy," there is no "bevel tool" or "bevelize" filter...

Totally agree. They can be ultra difficult to create depending on the situation and need to be perfectly aligned or else they don't work. Its kind of all or nothing with a bevel.

In regards to the Titans logo, I disagree with the above poster. I totally believe that it needs the bevel and does not quite have the same impact of evoking strength and power without it.

http://boards.sports...ms-beveled-logo

Here is my thread about Texas A&M's stupid beveled logo. I think that most colleges would be better off not using a beveled logo.

You actually inspired me to make this thread.

97uyh0.jpg

Bruh check out my last.fm

And my Rate Your Music

Fantasy Teams: Seattle Spacemen (CFA)

Signature credit to Silent Wind of Doom

Archived