PEI Rocket unveiled new name (Charlottetown Islanders) and logo.

PEI Rocket will hold a press conference on Monday May 27th (tomorrow) at 10AM to unveil the official team name and new logo for the QMJHL franchise. The press conference was announced via Twitter by the PEI Rocket on Friday.

ju3j76kj87k8698.png

The new name of the franchise (Charlottetown Islanders) was semi-officially announced on May 3rd.

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...ders-qmjhl.html

*Please post any and all new images of the new logo in this thread.

***UPDATE***

10:42AM 5/27/13

logo unveiled

95367a49a44c42cbea2e5605aa484a0f.jpg

I'm getting a fantastic Fisherman vibe from that wave... and then I realize it's gold.

:angered:

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Full logo

95367a49a44c42cbea2e5605aa484a0f.jpeg

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Great....another wordmark logo <_<

I was also going complain about switching from PEI to Charlottetown when the entire island has a population of 100,000 when it occured to me that Charlottetown is a less cumbersome name, and probably why they switched...

tigercatssignature-1.png

YOU USED ARIAL BLACK YOU MONSTERS I SEE IT IN YOUR C

I was also going complain about switching from PEI to Charlottetown when the entire island has a population of 100,000 when it occured to me that Charlottetown is a less cumbersome name, and probably why they switched...

Charlottetown kicked in some money to keep them from moving to Sorel and asked that the team carry the city's name. The team should have had the decency to do it anyway; Prince Edward Island Islanders would've been awful.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

YOU USED ARIAL BLACK YOU MONSTERS I SEE IT IN YOUR C

Charlottetown kicked in some money to keep them from moving to Sorel and asked that the team carry the city's name. The team should have had the decency to do it anyway; Prince Edward Island Islanders would've been awful.

They easily could have gone with Prince Edward Islanders.

A bridge?

Ah.

Would have gone lighthouse style.

It's kinda an important bridge.

Confederation+Bridge.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confederation_bridge

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I just uploaded the new team and logo to the site. http://www.sportslog...etown_Islanders

Wait... Luke_Groundrunner has admin privileges?

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived