PEI Rocket unveiled new name (Charlottetown Islanders) and logo.

I just uploaded the new team and logo to the site. http://www.sportslog...etown_Islanders

Wait... Luke_Groundrunner has admin privileges?

He Jedi-mind-tricked Creamer.

I just can't believe they used Arial Black. That's horrible. So is beige and black. Doesn't PEI have some distinctive reddish-brown soil? Use reddish-brown. Beige just seems so drab.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I just uploaded the new team and logo to the site. http://www.sportslog...etown_Islanders

Wait... Luke_Groundrunner has admin privileges?

He Jedi-mind-tricked Creamer.

I just can't believe they used Arial Black. That's horrible. So is beige and black. Doesn't PEI have some distinctive reddish-brown soil? Use reddish-brown. Beige just seems so drab.

Haha yeah I did.

As for the Charlottetown Islanders colours, it appears to be Vegas gold, the same as the Pittsburgh Penguins.

If it's not rendered in metallic paints/fabrics, as it is not with the Penguins' sweaters, then I think it's fair to call it beige.

Yep, can't unsee Arial Black. What a dumb font choice.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Quick and dirty:

DOZsbpY.jpg

I know my text path is a little clunky, but I think Gloucester Condensed looks vaguely nautical, and PEI soil makes for a unique color. Maybe it's a little Avs-ish, on second thought.

Why does the Confederation Bridge have a tail?

P.S. Higher res version here:

https://twitter.com/...6831745/photo/1

That image is skewed/stretched length wise. I wont use that as it is not rendered properly.

While folks are updating the PEI Rocket section, don't forget their 10th anniversary patch they had this past season...

PEI_Rocket_Anniversary_10th-1_zps78958948.png

Thanks, I will add this to the PEI Rocket page soon.

Quick and dirty:

DOZsbpY.jpg

I know my text path is a little clunky, but I think Gloucester Condensed looks vaguely nautical, and PEI soil makes for a unique color. Maybe it's a little Avs-ish, on second thought.

the dark, rich red looks great, however that shade of blue doesnt play too well off of it. It's got too much gray in it.

Archived