Neutraface Font...it's EVERYWHERE!

rmackman

• 1 month later...

Now it's even the font used for the green "The following preview has been approved, etc." screen during movie previews!

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I know for awhile there was a thread on this site about pointing out the ubiquitous usage of Comic Sans font. I wanted to see if anyone has noticed that lately Neutraface or Neutra Text has started popping up everywhere as well. I notice it a lot here in Chicago. Anyone else feel the same way?

NeutraFont_zps7aff7ae0.png

Heh. Of all places, my town's mall's right in the examples.

VmWIn6B.png

^ 'Chipotle' is written in Neutra Face with some rounding of the corners going on. You can tell by the letter 'E.' 'Mexican Grill' is written in Gotham. This combining of Neutra Face and Gotham is also on the Crest packaging.

I don't think this is right — Chipotle started with Gotham, rounded the corners, and lowered the crossbars of the E and H. A giveaway is the cap P — the curvature of the bowl doesn't match Neutraface.

Archived