Bad weather football games

mad43dog

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Florida vs. Florida State 2008.

ncf_u_tebow03_600.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Sorry for size, but I love this Louisville Southern Miss matchup pic.

Louisville-Southern-Miss-Rain.jpg

Games on artificial turf don't count.

Dude, even if the game was on turf it was still crazy. I had it on TV and I was in awe at how the entire field basically turned into a river.

bSLCtu2.png

tuck-rule.jpg
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

This game was the most snow I've ever had fall on me at a game:

UUKAYIDOGPKCEIR.20101204214250.jpg

ZEOTMGMOBFYRZJQ.20101204234414.jpg

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

muddy games like this will be fewer and fewer b/c of field turf becoming more prevalent, at least at the higher levels. High school games still get pretty muddy. In Louisiana, we get plenty rain/ mud. Snow MIGHT happen during playoffs once in a blue moon.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Not so much for the uniforms, but I have a fond memory of watching this game...I am just old enough to remember it. I think New England won 3 to 0.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Nebraska @ Missouri, 2009.

5 inches of rain fell in Columbia making it a soak fest. The Tigers held the lead all day until late in the 3rd when Nebraska mounted a 20 point comeback for the win.

Bonus points for Ndamukong Suh who ate Blaine Gabbert's ankle for dinner that night.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Packers-Broncos Monday Night game from 1984. Notable for the Broncos returning two fumbles for touchdowns on the Packers first two possessions, and the comeback the Packers staged in the second half that fell just short.

1984PACKERS-BroncosSnow-1.jpg

1984PACKERS-BroncosSnow-2.jpg

1984PACKERS-BroncosSnow-3.jpg

Dolphins vs. Cowboys, Thanksgiving 1993:

leon-lett-thanksgiving.jpg

"It's Leon Lett...NOOO!!!"

I STILL don't understand this game. It was a Thanksgiving game, in snow, played by 2 warm weather teams. I didn't think Cowboy Stadium's roof hole was even that big.

ANYWAY. A weekend of rain and like 6 football games led to this MNF moment

Archived