Bad weather football games

mad43dog

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

77.jpg

Going north of the border, and waaay back for this one: The epic 1977 Grey Cup, played at Olympic Stadium in Montreal (and the first one played at that venue) was played on conditions similar to an ice rink. The hometown Montreal Alouettes had an ingenious idea of getting around the hard field: Stapling 'X's on the soles of their shoes. It worked, and they cruised to a 41-6 rout of the Edmonton Eskimos (however, the next few years would be quite another story for the Eskies....).

UBwef0L.png

7 hours ago, Trapper John said:

Literally like 7 inches of show fell during this game is was really bad weather.  

AR-150719750.jpg&maxh=400&maxw=667

Literally like an amazing feat inside the Silverdome.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 8/20/2017 at 11:24 PM, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

I remember the Jets and Patriots playing a brutal monsoon game in Foxboro in November of 1993. Haven't found any photos of it yet

Boomer Esiason recently talked about this game - he said he couldn't see receivers ten yards away because of the rain.  Some hyperbole, sure, but he said something to the effect of "We won the game 6-3 or something like that"...which was indeed the score.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 11/4/2017 at 6:48 PM, johnnysama said:

77.jpg

Going north of the border, and waaay back for this one: The epic 1977 Grey Cup, played at Olympic Stadium in Montreal (and the first one played at that venue) was played on conditions similar to an ice rink. The hometown Montreal Alouettes had an ingenious idea of getting around the hard field: Stapling 'X's on the soles of their shoes. It worked, and they cruised to a 41-6 rout of the Edmonton Eskimos (however, the next few years would be quite another story for the Eskies....).

They should’ve closed the roof. Oh wait...

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

On 11/5/2017 at 6:49 AM, WSU151 said:

Boomer Esiason recently talked about this game - he said he couldn't see receivers ten yards away because of the rain.  Some hyperbole, sure, but he said something to the effect of "We won the game 6-3 or something like that"...which was indeed the score.

6-0, back then the Pats had a nightmarish rookie kicker named Missin Scott Sisson. 0-2 on his FG attempts.

2 minutes ago, flyersfan said:

Sorry if it was posted before but i remember looking for christmas trees in a blizzard when this was happening:

Image result for calvin johnson snowImage result for calvin johnson snowImage result for calvin johnson snowImage result for calvin johnson snow

I was on a highway in South Jersey during this snowstorm. A 30 minute ride turned into 2.5 hours.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/1/2017 at 4:02 AM, Graham_Clayton said:

The recent Austria v Netherlands women's football friendly was played in a heavy fog that made it impossible for the commentators and crowd to see much of the game:

It was so foggy, the Netherlands looked blue, not orange. Or is it only the women's team that does not wear orange, or was it a clash with the Austria red, so they had to go with a different color? I'm sorry, it just popped in my head and I didn't register that when I first saw it.

Archived