dgnmrwrw

After the Carolina Hurricanes' disastrous unveiling, I thought I'd start a thread where we could all post our own concepts for what we would have done. In particular, it would be nice to see some concepts that tried to stay true to what the Canes claimed they were looking for (simpler, more classic, more red, whatever...), but everyone feel free to do what you like.

Let's see what we could have come up with instead. Lots of ideas and feedback would be great! I'll be posting my own shortly.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

@Lights Out: With a few slight tweaks, it could have been a decades-long uniform set. Alas....

@Fregus: It's a little flag-heavy for my taste; but it's consistent, balanced, and unique. Much better than what they went with.

@Iron Lion: Still not a fan of the drastic differences between home and road sets, but both of these designs work better than what they chose.

Here are my first takes. Explanation: I like the idea of simplifying and the shoulder yoke with the name in it. I hate the loss of the shoulder patches, the color imbalance, the generic typeface, and the non-matching uniform sets. I'm not thrilled about the loss of the warning flag squares, but I can live with it.

So I've gone with a more "traditional" striping and kept the yoke. But I've included the patches, tried to use a lot more silver (shiny, not matte) and a little black, created a new typeface that has more character and fits the team better, and unified the two sets. I've kept the warning flag squares on the inside of the collar (a feature I also like), but I plan to include it much more prominently in the alternate set (coming soon).

uni_home.png

uni_road.png

Here are my first takes. Explanation: I like the idea of simplifying and the shoulder yoke with the name in it. I hate the loss of the shoulder patches, the color imbalance, the generic typeface, and the non-matching uniform sets. I'm not thrilled about the loss of the warning flag squares, but I can live with it.

So I've gone with a more "traditional" striping and kept the yoke. But I've included the patches, tried to use a lot more silver (shiny, not matte) and a little black, created a new typeface that has more character and fits the team better, and unified the two sets. I've kept the warning flag squares on the inside of the collar (a feature I also like), but I plan to include it much more prominently in the alternate set (coming soon).

uni_home.png

uni_road.png

Amazing!

uni_home.png

uni_road.png

Love it. Maybe try adding very faint "storm squares" between the silver and the white. Kind of like how Nashville did it with their checkers on the blue third jerseys a few years back.

Fantastic job!

I'm actually amazed how much I like those. A simple fix, a thousand times better.

I'd say incorporate the storm flags, but they're there in the secondary logo shoulder patch. They can make a comeback later. I like it.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Ok guys, here's my fix-up concept.

I kept all the good stuff from their new look, and pretty much replaced all the bad stuff with just about everything people wanted. Now all I need is a job at Reebok! :P

Oh...sorry about the old number font. As soon as I find a usable font, I'll update it.

Canes_zpsb08541da.png

uni_home.png

uni_road.png

WOW. I will say that I am actually okay with the new jerseys. But these. As a Hurricanes fan, I would be ecstatic with these. Wouldn't change a thing.

Ok guys, here's my fix-up concept.

I kept all the good stuff from their new look, and pretty much replaced all the bad stuff with just about everything people wanted. Now all I need is a job at Reebok! :P

Oh...sorry about the old number font. As soon as I find a usable font, I'll update it.

Canes_zpsb08541da.png

Perfection.

VHj90kn.png

My idea from awhile back. It fixes the problems with the logos too, IMO.

HurricaneLogos.png

CarolinaHurricanes-1.png

DING. DING. DING.

Consistent striping - check

Fixed logo - check

Keeping flag striping - check

Double flag (hurricane) on alternate - check

I would change nothing.

Everyone loves a roundel.

My idea from awhile back. It fixes the problems with the logos too, IMO.

HurricaneLogos.png

CarolinaHurricanes-1.png

Makes me want to cry how amazing the Canes could have looked in this compared to their new set. That logo is so sharp. Only thing I would change is getting rid of the phantom yoke. It's just a little too much clutter.

Archived