The Carolina Hurricanes unveiled their new uniforms this morning. Voice your approval or displeasure.

570x375xNew-Hurricanes-Jerseys-feat_jpg_pagespeed_ic_vGlqXJ_JSc.jpg

559x724xCompare-Hurricanes_jpg_pagespeed_ic_jbAguW19F_.jpg

My own opinion, they're a major downgrade and I'm disappointed.

UPDATE: June 5th 2013 1:21AM PST

Poll on the Canes.com message boards titled "Do you like the new uniforms?" is currently leading with 77.78% No

http://fans.hurricanes.nhl.com/community/topic/21505-do-you-like-the-new-uniforms/

I'm not the least bit surprised.

It's not enough of a difference to have too strong of an opinion either way. I say it's a minor upgrade by removing black from the belly stripes

On the homes that is

BL7zX42CAAAWUTI.png

The new ones are totally devoid of personality. Downgrade.

Totally agree. They stripped everything that was unique out of their uniforms.

They should have done more with the hurricane flags in the designs,but not going overboard with it. At least they got rid of the piping on the shoulders. The home uniforms remind me of the Red Wings. Just doesn't fit Carolina.

These lazy, cookie cutter rags really needed their own thread?

only in the NHL do people seek to make products less unique and more cookie-cutter.

I hate to say it, because most of what they've done in the NFL/CFB scares the hell out of me, but the NHL could use a little Nike in their lives right about now.

They are not awful, but their previews ones only needed a slight change, nothing this big.

"The warning flags inside the collar shows that we remember our hockey tradition"

By putting them somewhere no one can see them...

I wasn't a huge fan of the old uniforms, but come on... These are so boring. And why there is no black on the home uniform, I'll never know... Big downgrade.

I can do without the flag pattern. But I thought they should have kept the silver/gray color. It set them apart from the other red and black teams.

Am I the only one who's surprised that the mannequins aren't wearing Reebok equipment?

Anyway, definite downgrade.

Both jerseys are really uninspired, but alright looks on their own. I certainly don't think they work well together as a cohesive brand though.

And I literally laughed out loud when I saw this in the video. That is seriously a Red Wings jersey with the Canes logo on it...

CanesWings_o.png