New Carolina Hurricanes uniforms

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, awful. They did the same thing the Lightning did and just made the jerseys plain and boring trying to half copy an original 6 team. What a bunch of lazy :censored:s around now. Two teams with a cool name, both related to weather heh, and both have dreaful jerseys.

At least the Canes didn't take away their logo and turn in to :censored: like the Bolts. That's the only thing saving them.

Another generic sad looking jersey, just what we need!

2ly2w09.jpg

The canes just dropped from 10-15th to the bottom 5 in my book. I can't stretch enough that it's really plain...

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

After all these years the "tails" on the edge template still bug me beyond belief, especially on white jerseys. I know nothing about design, just know what I like. Is it not possible to at least make the tail the same color as the pants so it blends in? If the tail on the canes white jersey was red would it look less stupid? I think of this every time I watch the bruins. The black jersey looks great in part because you can't see the tail (black tail with black pants). I love the white b's jersey except the white tail looks foolish against black pants. Could they make the tail black?? Or how bout we just get rid of the stupid tails!!

I'm sure it would be possible, and while it would definitely look better on a uniform (ie. with pants), it would look a lot worse with just the jersey when the average fan is wearing one.

Good point. I didn't think of that. Given how many bruins jerseys I own, I should have thought of that.

Working backward today... saw Stars first, now these. Can't add much to what has been said, other than these are definite downgrades despite similarities to the upgraded Stars.

The set is a mismatched mess, and the flags on the hem should be the first things to return. Hope the fanbase feels the same way. I'd recommend that all of them skip the new stuff and stock up on the discounted current jerseys. How could this possibly create any excitement?

Dallas went for the faux original 6 look and came away with some really good looking uniforms

Carolina went for the faux original 6 look and came away with some really boring and ugly uniforms.

It looks like the result of an 8 year old mucking around with create a team on NHL2003

The jerseys are boring, they've gone way too simple, even for a deliberately simple look.

The colours don't flow through well. What the hell is up with the collar being black then having no other black in the uniform other than the chest logo?

The positioning of the crest doesn't look right at all. Why does it sit so high?

Awful, awful rebrand. Dallas and Tampa Bay may have gone down the original 6 route as well, but they executed it well. This is just an ugly mess in every way.

Your 2013-14 Carolina Hurricanes.

944140_10152883668350591_1518854130_n.png

White: Not bad, although I don't like the square epaulets.

Red: Canada Hurricanes.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Wow, awful. They did the same thing the Lightning did and just made the jerseys plain and boring trying to half copy an original 6 team. What a bunch of lazy :censored:s around now. Two teams with a cool name, both related to weather heh, and both have dreaful jerseys.

At least the Canes didn't take away their logo and turn in to :censored: like the Bolts. That's the only thing saving them.

Another generic sad looking jersey, just what we need!

OMG can you imagine if they had dumbed their logo down to a 2 tone logo like the Bolts? Thankfully they didn't go that far otherwise I may have vomited. As it stands I just tasted a little vomit in my mouth.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

And you thought the Lightning's new duds were bland? These take the cake.

Lets all be glad that the re-alignment, which mercifully killed the Southeast Division, also now has the double effect of limiting the number of Lightning-Hurricanes matchups we'll see in the coming years.

Whew. Would've been the Junior Leafs vs. Junior Wings six times a season. And who the hell needs that, when we can just watch the actual Leafs vs. Wings?

spacer.png

Even if they just replaced the red stripe between the white stripes on the home jersey and made it a black stripe, the jersey would be better.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

I don't get why this change was even necessary. There are at least a handful of teams I'd say were in more need of an upgrade than the Hurricanes. Both the new home and away are straight up yawners.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived