New Carolina Hurricanes uniforms

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't wait for last year's style to hit the discount racks!

You know, I just might do that. I usually don't buy sweaters for teams I don't have some kind of attachment to, but I feel like I need to get my hands on a warning flag sweater while I can.

I wish I felt that way too, I'd have a few thousand more bucks in my wallet! :D

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Part of what makes it bad is that they teased it and built it up for so long. Just doesn't seem to be the type of change that warrants that kind of build up, as opposed to the Stars, who went with a whole new logo and to a completely different design.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

17% approval rating according to that poll. Is that what you were aiming for, Hurricanes' brass? How the hell did this team win the Stanley Cup?

It's almost been 24 hours, I slept on them and I gotta say, I still hate them. These are the worst uniforms in the NHL now. The worst. Let's go to the scorecard -

Color scheme: most overused color scheme in the NHL, but at least the old uniforms found a way to use those colors in their own way. These use a tired color scheme in a tired way. Miss.

Logo: The primary was already one of the league's weaker marks. They had a pretty cool secondary, but that's not present on the home or road anymore so you're now trying to use the swirl to carry an entire uniform and it's not strong enough. Miss.

Consistency: Almost non-existant. The only things that are consistent are the logo and the number font. The two uniforms don't match and they did that intentionally. WHY? Black numbers on the white jersey. Almost no black on the red jersey. Northwestern stripes on the white jersey. Plain white stripes on the red jersey. It doesn't make any sense. Miss.

Unique factor: Completely non-existant. The reds look like the red wings and team Canada. The whites look like create a team B on NHL 2004, and team Canada. What's worse is they threw away a recognizable look for a whole bunch of generic boredom. There's nothing on these they can call their own. Miss.

Interesting factor: Completely non-existant. There's nothing to these to make anybody excited about this hockey team. Miss

It's really hard to be the worst when Colorado is still dressing like it's 2007, Minnesota doesn't know what the hell they want to be, and Tampa pulled the "let's ape another prestigious team's look" two years ago, but the Hurricanes managed to do it. I don't think I've ever hated a new NHL uniform more. I can't find any redeeming qualities, nor can I understand the thought process behind any of the decisions they made. Every choice they made is wrong.

If I was a Hurricanes fan I'd start getting real familiar with ebay because you'll need a couple extra Brind'amour and Francis jerseys to hold you over until they change again 5 years from now. Maybe next time they'll learn their lesson and hire professionals to create something the fans will actually like.

PvO6ZWJ.png

How the hell did they win the Cup? Jeez, it's more like how were they in the Final twice in a four season span to me.

There are too many similarities between the 'Canes and the Lightning for my tastes, and this only increased yesterday. They are already two teams that miss the playoffs far more often than not, but go on deep playoff runs the rare times they get there. Now they get to revel in unoriginal, inappropriate uniform designs based on their entry to the NHL and heritage of their past.

Boo.

spacer.png

The Carolina Hurricanes unveiled their new uniforms this morning. Voice your approval or displeasure.

570x375xNew-Hurricanes-Jerseys-feat_jpg_pagespeed_ic_vGlqXJ_JSc.jpg

559x724xCompare-Hurricanes_jpg_pagespeed_ic_jbAguW19F_.jpg

My own opinion, they're a major downgrade and I'm disappointed.

UPDATE: June 5th 2013 1:21AM PST

Poll on the Canes.com message boards titled "Do you like the new uniforms?" is currently leading with 77.78% No

http://fans.hurrican...e-new-uniforms/

I'm not the least bit surprised.

I thought Carolina had a beautiful set before and now they have destroyed it.Downgrade!

spacer.png

The logo size and placement really bugs me. I think if they had got that right (like it already was on the previous jersey) it wouldn't be as bad. It would still be disappointing but not as bad. The white one just looks godawful with that logo up near the collar and all that white space just floating underneath it.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

17% approval rating according to that poll. Is that what you were aiming for, Hurricanes' brass? How the hell did this team win the Stanley Cup? It's almost been 24 hours, I slept on them and I gotta say, I still hate them. These are the worst uniforms in the NHL now. The worst.

It's really hard to be the worst when Colorado is still dressing like it's 2007, Minnesota doesn't know what the hell they want to be, and Tampa pulled the "let's ape another prestigious team's look" two years ago, but the Hurricanes managed to do it. I don't think I've ever hated a new NHL uniform more. I can't find any redeeming qualities, nor can I understand the thought process behind any of the decisions they made. Every choice they made is wrong.

Tampa Bay, Colorado and especially Calgary all have worse jerseys though I can definitely appreciate where you're coming from. This team needs to hold another press conference, admit they were misguided, admit approval for the new jerseys is non existant and announce that last years uniforms will be retained. That is the only way for them to salvage this PR disaster.

If the owners intentions were to remove the warning stripe from the get go, then unlike Dallas Stars management, they don't give 2 $hits about what the fans want.

I am sorry for all the Canes fans.

17% approval rating according to that poll. Is that what you were aiming for, Hurricanes' brass? How the hell did this team win the Stanley Cup?

It's almost been 24 hours, I slept on them and I gotta say, I still hate them. These are the worst uniforms in the NHL now. The worst. Let's go to the scorecard -

Color scheme: most overused color scheme in the NHL, but at least the old uniforms found a way to use those colors in their own way. These use a tired color scheme in a tired way. Miss.

Logo: The primary was already one of the league's weaker marks. They had a pretty cool secondary, but that's not present on the home or road anymore so you're now trying to use the swirl to carry an entire uniform and it's not strong enough. Miss.

Consistency: Almost non-existant. The only things that are consistent are the logo and the number font. The two uniforms don't match and they did that intentionally. WHY? Black numbers on the white jersey. Almost no black on the red jersey. Northwestern stripes on the white jersey. Plain white stripes on the red jersey. It doesn't make any sense. Miss.

Unique factor: Completely non-existant. The reds look like the red wings and team Canada. The whites look like create a team B on NHL 2004, and team Canada. What's worse is they threw away a recognizable look for a whole bunch of generic boredom. There's nothing on these they can call their own. Miss.

Interesting factor: Completely non-existant. There's nothing to these to make anybody excited about this hockey team. Miss

If I was a Hurricanes fan I'd start getting real familiar with ebay because you'll need a couple extra Brind'amour and Francis jerseys to hold you over until they change again 5 years from now. Maybe next time they'll learn their lesson and hire professionals to create something the fans will actually like.

I could not express myself better. Kudos.

The logo size and placement really bugs me. I think if they had got that right (like it already was on the previous jersey) it wouldn't be as bad. It would still be disappointing but not as bad. The white one just looks godawful with that logo up near the collar and all that white space just floating underneath it.

Yikes. Can't say I disagree. That's really unbalanced, and hard not to notice once you've already seen it.

spacer.png

So no two jerseys match or even compliment any other.

The striping is inconsistent from jersey to jersey. The alternate still has the outdated numbers. Three different collar treatments.

Right.

That's Wild.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

It might (MIGHT) look better on a full team of players instead of just Eric Staal by himself and a couple of dopey ill-fit mannequins, but the slight improvement won't be enough to save the biggest uniform disaster the NHL's seen since, I don't know, the double-blue Panthers alternates

PvO6ZWJ.png

So no two jerseys match or even compliment any other.

The striping is inconsistent from jersey to jersey. The alternate still has the outdated numbers. Three different collar treatments.

Right.

That's Wild.

I see what you did there.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Yeah, it's a downgrade in my opinion. The uniforms they had had great personality to it with the storm flags around the bottom. The new look is like the Coyotes and Team Canada uniforms put in a blender and slapped their own logos on it. The simple look is nice, but it's plain and dull. The Canes can't pull that off.

VHj90kn.png

Archived