New Carolina Hurricanes uniforms

The home is boring, it took me a second to realize any differences. The road's shoulder yoke is unique and I kind of like it, actually. But overall, this set is really boring and it disappointed me when they were unveiled.

I have no witty signature, sorry.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Add black trim to the road shoulder yolks, add the warning flag motif to the red sleeve stripe on the road, then make a home to complement the road and you have a winner.

Took me 30 seconds to post that and not much longer for the Canes to manufacture that.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

590x341xHurricanes-New-Uniforms-Eric-Staal-590x341.jpg.pagespeed.ic.kTpKUnCoIs.jpg

940-dallas-stars-new-logo.jpg

Carolina: After couple days (to see it it would grow on me), my impression is worst. Doesnt work at all. The road is terrible, just terrible, looks cheap. Who will pay big bucks for this?

The home dull, no imagination, nothing here. A generic template with a logo sewn on. There are people paid big bucks to design this and people paid big bucks to decide on this?

Dallas: very nice, nice logo, nice unis, they choosed a classic look but found a way to stay original. I can't understand how Carolina's chose their new unis when you look at the new Stars.

I focus grouped the new jerseys (using nhluniforms.com) on my high school students.

Sadly they think the Hurricanes are not only an upgrade but now "one of the best in sports".

This could also be posted in the "Proof the world is going to hell" thread.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I'm actually starting to really like the new 'Canes uniforms; losing the storm flags is a bit of a drag but at least including them in the inside collar is a nice, subtle touch.

Love the lights, very Cleveland Barons-esque in terms of colours and striping. The lack of black on the darks is a bit puzzling, the black is in the primary logo - why hide it on the rest of the uniform? But still, a solid set. Will look even better on the ice in action, IMO.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

The old ones weren't perfect. It always bothered me how the sleeves, hem, and socks were three different striping schemes. They got worse when they added the yoke outlines, a move presumably made so their edge jerseys would be different enough so fans would see a reason to buy the new jerseys, but not different enough to make a change to the Stanley Cup uniforms months after winning it. ,which might have been upsetting to the fans.

BUT at least those had character, individuality. The new ones are so lifeless and generic it's like they ordered them out of a catalogue.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived