illwauk

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

whats that logo on the uic jerseys???

"UIC" in the shape of a flame.

301765_210965345629098_8119881_n.jpg

Holy :censored:, I never noticed the flames in the UIC logo spelled out "UIC."

Totally blew my mind. Never even began to notice that. Well played, UIC.

Also, my mind is blown by the amount of schools without baseball. I guess I just took it for granted being in the South, but I generally assumed everybody had baseball, much in the same way pretty much everybody has basketball. Unless there's a secret world of D1 schools that don't have basketball, in which case my entire world view would be shattered

How does Tulsa & SMU not have baseball? Espicaly Tulsa cause they was a member of the MVC and that's a big baseball conference. Not like the winter reason for northern teams.

For SMU I have to speculate that it had to do with Title IX and they probably had to choose between baseball and men's soccer. Seeing how SMU is one of the few, if not the only, div 1 men's soccer programs in the state, I'm guessing they were far more successful (and less expensive) than the baseball team and survived.

How does Tulsa & SMU not have baseball? Espicaly Tulsa cause they was a member of the MVC and that's a big baseball conference. Not like the winter reason for northern teams.

Remember SMU's football team? What the baseball team did was 10 times worse under NCAA rules.

....J/K

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Yup, Title IX and funding.

Of course, if anybody ever proposed a repeal, there'd be riots.

And if it was repealed you'd only see a handful of programs come back from the dead. Fact of the matter is that Title IX was a convenient excuse to cut expenses from AD budgets. If you're not going to be competitive in this era of ever rising operational costs (travel/salaries) and combine that with a diminished desire to fund scholarships for the olympic/non-revenue sports you have yourself a perfect scapegoat in T9.

The vast majority of these programs are gone for a reason and they are not missed.

Archived