whats that logo on the uic jerseys???

"UIC" in the shape of a flame.

301765_210965345629098_8119881_n.jpg

Holy :censored:, I never noticed the flames in the UIC logo spelled out "UIC."

whats that logo on the uic jerseys???

"UIC" in the shape of a flame.

301765_210965345629098_8119881_n.jpg

Holy :censored:, I never noticed the flames in the UIC logo spelled out "UIC."

Totally blew my mind. Never even began to notice that. Well played, UIC.

Also, my mind is blown by the amount of schools without baseball. I guess I just took it for granted being in the South, but I generally assumed everybody had baseball, much in the same way pretty much everybody has basketball. Unless there's a secret world of D1 schools that don't have basketball, in which case my entire world view would be shattered

In doing a quick GIS, I wasn't able to find a better pic for UT-Arlington's defunct football program.

mqdefault.jpg

How does Tulsa & SMU not have baseball? Espicaly Tulsa cause they was a member of the MVC and that's a big baseball conference. Not like the winter reason for northern teams.

How does Tulsa & SMU not have baseball? Espicaly Tulsa cause they was a member of the MVC and that's a big baseball conference. Not like the winter reason for northern teams.

For SMU I have to speculate that it had to do with Title IX and they probably had to choose between baseball and men's soccer. Seeing how SMU is one of the few, if not the only, div 1 men's soccer programs in the state, I'm guessing they were far more successful (and less expensive) than the baseball team and survived.

Remember SMU's football team? What the baseball team did was 10 times worse under NCAA rules.

....J/K

Yup, Title IX and funding.

Of course, if anybody ever proposed a repeal, there'd be riots.

Yup, Title IX and funding.

Of course, if anybody ever proposed a repeal, there'd be riots.

And if it was repealed you'd only see a handful of programs come back from the dead. Fact of the matter is that Title IX was a convenient excuse to cut expenses from AD budgets. If you're not going to be competitive in this era of ever rising operational costs (travel/salaries) and combine that with a diminished desire to fund scholarships for the olympic/non-revenue sports you have yourself a perfect scapegoat in T9.

The vast majority of these programs are gone for a reason and they are not missed.

I'm not gonna open the title IX can if worms, ill just say that.....

Northeastern Football

90354917.jpg.9619.0_crop_340x234.jpg?1262465365