Logos/uniforms of your favorite teams the year you were born

kajeet

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a follow up, do you like what they wore when you were born over what they were now?

From my first post in the thread...

Toronto Maple Leafs- No. It's a fine design on its own, but it's not right for the Leafs.

Toronto Blue Jays- G-d no. Pullovers, powder blue road uniforms, and the logo front and centre like that? It just screams rec league.

San Diego Chargers- Yes! The 1986-87 Chargers uniforms are actually my favourite Chargers uniforms of all time, just barely edging out the powder blue throwbacks.

I win.

IMG_3821.png

The Mets obviously wore this, their most awesome road jersey, for only one year in 1987 to commemorate my birth.

I remember announcers commenting in the 86 series about how the gray Mets jersey was getting replaced by a New York script. It looked bad on the super tight cuts that players wore back then, but I think there's a place for it somewhere. I don't care for alts, but I'd rather them have a blue one with this script than one that just is the same as the current road but on blue.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Buffalo Sabres: n/a

Seattle Mariners: n/a

both didn't start playing until the 1970s

couldn't case less about basketball or U.S. college sports and have no one team that is favourite in the NFL so that leaves the CFL:

67+Sask+Abendschan.jpg

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

Archived