NBA Conference Finals + NBA Finals Predictions For the Next 5 Years

jjspoels

The term "Forest of Silliness" comes to mind when reading that post.

1. Who else other than Mr. Lin? He's not bad at all.
  2. Okay, that one maybe is just a little too far...but he probably will opt out or his championship window is shut. I believe the 76ers would be a team that LeBron would like because of Holliday, Turner, and Bynum.

The Jeremy Lin contract with the Rockets is only a three year deal and ends after 2015

Oh and look out for Sacramento as well. Looking at their current roster, I think they have the makings of a dynasty there. I really do. If Jimmer Fredette can ever figure out how to handle the ball better, look out. 60 win team easily I'd say.

Taking him over Klay Thompson AND Kawhi Leonard was so frickin stupid. Of course it was an obvious move to sell jerseys. Thank god the idiots behind the move(the Maloofs and Geoff Petrie) aren't with the team anymore.

Who else other than Mr. Lin? He's not bad at all.

There's this bearded guy on the Rockets who's pretty good and not a complete liability on both ends of the court like Lin.

When's the last time a guy got named Finals MVP because of his defensive prowess?

A decent argument can be made for Duncan in '05. Same thing with Olajuwon the two times he won it as well.

Most of your Finals MVP's though were either offensive playmakers or got it down on both ends of the floor.

As for my Finals predictions for the next five years, I'm thinking Orlando is going to surprise people with a couple trips to the Finals. I could see Nikola Vucevic as a future Finals MVP. Phoenix looks really good out in the West as well. Michael Beasley is going to show once and for all why he should have been drafted ahead of Derrick Rose.

I think those two teams will just alternate who wins the title for the next five years. Maybe the Bobcats/Hornets will sneak in, but that's about it. Oh and look out for Sacramento as well. Looking at their current roster, I think they have the makings of a dynasty there. I really do. If Jimmer Fredette can ever figure out how to handle the ball better, look out. 60 win team easily I'd say.

I can't tell if you're joking or if it's one of you're usual posts where you make it seem as if you know what you're talking about when really you don't.

Also, anybody find it odd that at the end of the OP's prediction period (5 years), the kid's still gonna be a teenager? Just saying.

Btw, NBA is the biggest crapshoot in long term predictions. Rookies carry more weight in the NBA than any other sport where mostly they go through development periods. Rookie contracts are shorter so you can't really "predict" who will be where and how good by then. It's strictly fantasy, not even guessing.

Oh and look out for Sacramento as well. Looking at their current roster, I think they have the makings of a dynasty there. I really do. If Jimmer Fredette can ever figure out how to handle the ball better, look out. 60 win team easily I'd say.

You're joking... right?

A decent argument can be made for Duncan in '05. Same thing with Olajuwon the two times he won it as well.

Most of your Finals MVP's though were either offensive playmakers or got it down on both ends of the floor.

As for my Finals predictions for the next five years, I'm thinking Orlando is going to surprise people with a couple trips to the Finals. I could see Nikola Vucevic as a future Finals MVP. Phoenix looks really good out in the West as well. Michael Beasley is going to show once and for all why he should have been drafted ahead of Derrick Rose.

I think those two teams will just alternate who wins the title for the next five years. Maybe the Bobcats/Hornets will sneak in, but that's about it. Oh and look out for Sacramento as well. Looking at their current roster, I think they have the makings of a dynasty there. I really do. If Jimmer Fredette can ever figure out how to handle the ball better, look out. 60 win team easily I'd say.

Charlotte and Sacramento will maybe make some trips to the confrence, but get swept by the Cavaliers/Rockets/Whatever team is Wiggins on.

Who else other than Mr. Lin? He's not bad at all.

There's this bearded guy on the Rockets who's pretty good and not a complete liability on both ends of the court like Lin.

When's the last time a guy got named Finals MVP because of his defensive prowess?

I can't tell if you're joking or if it's one of you're usual posts where you make it seem as if you know what you're talking about when really you don't.

Also, anybody find it odd that at the end of the OP's prediction period (5 years), the kid's still gonna be a teenager? Just saying.

Btw, NBA is the biggest crapshoot in long term predictions. Rookies carry more weight in the NBA than any other sport where mostly they go through development periods. Rookie contracts are shorter so you can't really "predict" who will be where and how good by then. It's strictly fantasy, not even guessing.

Yeah, because my age matters in this discussion

You made a 5-year prediction for a league with a salary cap/limited years on contracts. Even with the one-and-done rule, a potential rookie in the 5th year would've just been a freshman in high school. And rookie contracts could be as low as 3-years. Someone drafted next year may sign somewhere else before the end of the 5-year period. Some teams are actually in limbo in regards to their current locations. There's been some talk of expansion/possible contraction. Too much potential player movement.

There's too many factors in play that you didn't consider. You just decided to start a topic. So yeah.

Archived