Hidden Jersey Elements

TorinK29

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've heard that Penn State used to have the Nittany Lion logo stitched onto the blue jerseys in blue thread and the white jerseys in white thread, but I've never seen any photos of that.

I know there was at least one year in the mid-'90s where Michigan had the Block M "embossed" into the shoulders of its blue jerseys.

In the 90's I remember seeing that and an FSU jersey with the spear embossed on the shoulder too. Team USA Basketball http://www.flickr.co...N07/7852665156/ Penguins '11 Winter Classic http://www.flickr.co...N07/7846532966/ and a side note, my team USA WBC hat has made in China LOL If you look through my pics, you can see the Miami and Pitt Pro Combats as well. You can see the Miami Basketball with the phantom elements on the back of the jersey too.

KISSwall09.jpg

Canucks have a choke collar hidden inside the neck of their jerseys.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The Western Bulldogs of the Australian Football League were originally known as the Footscray Football Club, so the current jerseys have a "FFC" monogram high up on the back of the jersey to honour their original name:

Western_Bulldogs_Home_Guernsey_Back_Large_zps353c4c41.jpg

Sydney also have smfc for south Melbourne

Most pointless uniform elements ever. What's the point of putting something somewhere where no one can see it?

I think it's an interesting use of what is otherwise dead space.

It's also a check against the laziest (which is probably most) of counterfeiting.

excellent point! I have to admit that I often get caught up in the details of everyday things, which can sometimes be problematic. That being said, I think in regards to design its all in the details. I love these little nuances because it just adds another layer of meaning to the design. Its also a really cool thing for diehard fans because possessing that extra little tid bit of knowledge of the meaning or origin of a special design element further demonstrates that you are more than just an avid fan. Love it.

JZDF266.png

This might take the cake for stupid inside collar inscriptions. It should read "once a Knick, a Knick until your next contract." How the hell can a phrase like this still exist in 2013? Every single inner collar "hanger effect" (can't believe I just typed that with a straight face) is stupid, but this one is stupid².

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

My Dutch jersey has this inside the shirt behind the crest:

Oranje-badge.png

I think Nike did this with a lot of their teams, not sure if its just for replicas or what.

Where did you find that graphic? My USA jersey has the snake and DTOM on the inside of mine

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

Surprised nobody's pointed out the Tampa Bay Lightning's old armpit stripes --- What exactly where the point of those anyways?

They were called victory stripes, and the point was you could only see them if they were celebrating a goal or lifting the cup.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Surprised nobody's pointed out the Tampa Bay Lightning's old armpit stripes --- What exactly where the point of those anyways?

They were called victory stripes, and the point was you could only see them if they were celebrating a goal or lifting the cup.

Such a simple, classic and unique quality. I miss them. Another piece of character lost with the current set.

dave-andreychuk+1.jpgLecavalier2.jpg

OttawaSenators.png

Such a simple, classic and unique quality. I miss them. Another piece of character lost with the current set.

dave-andreychuk+1.jpgLecavalier2.jpg

I SEEZ THEM ARMPITT STRIPES. DA LIGHTNINGS MUST B A WINNIN!

Sorry. Too gimmicky for my liking.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived