Wonka's Tampa Bay Lightning

MrWonka

Looks really good. I'd probably buy one but it'd also probably only work as an alternate, especially with Stevie Y on the helm.

Two things I'd change: shrink the logo and get rid of the silver on the collar, but I really like it.

The lightning edges look really soft though

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

Honestly, the arm striping doesn't evoke lightning to me, especially not with the rounded outlines and the symmetry that would be needed down the sleeves. It reads more like feathers or wings.

Need sharpness on the lightning bolts, for sure. Also, I am not a fan of the black (and especially not the outline on the bolt)...even though that seems to be a minority opinion to those who watch NHL because another team claims that look.

After Tampa made their logo and uniforms the simplest things of all time, I don't even think there is a design you could do with their identity now that could make them look great, with this logo they need a really traditional design like they have. (I'm trying to do a redesign of the NHL without using old or different logos.)

If you made the design down the sleeves into lightning bolts (pointed at the tip, jagged instead of soft corners, and non-symmetrical, as has already been said) and simplify the outlines on everything to a single broad stroke, you could be onto something. Blue and white with a dash of silver could look good here.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Archived