Sports Graphics Packages, Historically

On 4/8/2017 at 7:46 PM, ThierryH14 said:

What are you planning on doing with the graphics once you create them in Photoshop? I am a fan of the PL, La Liga, Bundesliga, UEFA's UCL and Euro qualifying graphics. Serie A needs an update for sure. I wish MLS had an identity package instead of native station packages.

Actually, MLS does have their own proprietary package.  You can see it on MLS Live (channel/website/media) or in FIFA '18.  They're one of the few leagues that have their signature package in the game. 

4 hours ago, Est1980 said:

Actually, MLS does have their own proprietary package.  You can see it on MLS Live (channel/website/media) or in FIFA '18.  They're one of the few leagues that have their signature package in the game. 

Wait, really? Over the weekend, the MLS Decision Day Wipharound coverage use those graphics, even though it was ESPN produced?

(If ESPN always used those graphics, excuse me. I don't watch that much MLS)

da0Lbhs.png

6 hours ago, simtek34 said:

Wait, really? Over the weekend, the MLS Decision Day Wipharound coverage use those graphics, even though it was ESPN produced?

(If ESPN always used those graphics, excuse me. I don't watch that much MLS)

ESPN usually uses their own graphics for MLS games, but since it was whiparound coverage across all of the games, it was easier for them just to use the MLS graphics used elsewhere instead of using their own when going between games.

• Like 1

7wldHiW.png

Chelsea.png

On 10/25/2017 at 8:08 PM, RyanMcD29 said:

Speaking of the mid-90's NBC graphics, do I remember correctly that the 49ers had some weird curvy divide between the gold and the red for their block?

Best I could find in a quick search of the you tubes.

49ers.png

1 hour ago, Curtos07 said:

Looks like ESPN is already changing their college basketball graphics. Not sure I like it. 

DNLmdHKWAAArb3D.jpg

Not a fan. There was nothing wrong with the graphics they've been using the last couple of seasons. If they needed to update them, they should have at least used their NBA graphics as a template. This is just disappointing. I wish they would just go back to using the same graphics for every sport (except for MNF). 

Speaking of disappointment... I'm bummed that TNT did not update their NBA graphics/scorebug for this season. I was hoping they would at least add team logos into the scorebug to replace the team acronyms. 

On 10/3/2017 at 1:40 AM, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

This was always my favorite. To me the AFC will always belong on NBC

hqdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

I didn't watch that game but I remember being glad Miami won. I never liked the Cowboys and I've always loved the Dolphins' color scheme. (And their logo, till they peeled its poor face off.) I was nine and had basically just become interested in football within the past month. I was at my great-uncle's house for Thanksgiving. 

Was this the game that Marino tore his Achilles heel in? I know the Dolphins won because of something involving Leon Left, and it was both their last win and the Cowboys' last loss of the season. 

I know I'm a little late with this, but my favorite graphics packages:

NFL

2001-2002 NFL on FOX

2003 NFL on FOX

2006-2007 MNF

2006-2008 NFL on CBS

2010-2011 NFL on FOX

Current NFL on CBS

I wouldn't call it a "favorite" yet, but the current NFL on Fox package is growing on me.

MLB

Early 2000's MLB on ESPN

2006-2007 KICU (Oakland A's)

2014-2017 MLB on Fox/Regional FOX Telecasts

Current NBC Sports Regional MLB Package

3 minutes ago, ChicagoOakland said:

Wow. You brought me back with that one. If only I could find a picture of it.

This is pretty much all I can find on YouTube:

A clip from the 2006 A's Preview Show

Literally three seconds of the 2007 scorebug

A full game from 2005. It's pretty similar to the 2006-2007 package, but I don't prefer it as much. 

On 10/27/2017 at 9:32 PM, MCM0313 said:

I didn't watch that game but I remember being glad Miami won. I never liked the Cowboys and I've always loved the Dolphins' color scheme. (And their logo, till they peeled its poor face off.) I was nine and had basically just become interested in football within the past month. I was at my great-uncle's house for Thanksgiving. 

Was this the game that Marino tore his Achilles heel in? I know the Dolphins won because of something involving Leon Left, and it was both their last win and the Cowboys' last loss of the season. 

Marino injured his achilles in week 6 @ Cleveland. Steve DeBerg started this game @ Dallas (week 13).

Sucha nightmare season :( . Remember it like it was yesterday.

20 hours ago, dmmdoublem said:

I know I'm a little late with this, but my favorite graphics packages:

NFL

2001-2002 NFL on FOX

2003 NFL on FOX

2006-2007 MNF

2006-2008 NFL on CBS

2010-2011 NFL on FOX

Current NFL on CBS

I wouldn't call it a "favorite" yet, but the current NFL on Fox package is growing on me.

MLB

Early 2000's MLB on ESPN

2006-2007 KICU (Oakland A's)

2014-2017 MLB on Fox/Regional FOX Telecasts

Current NBC Sports Regional MLB Package

Solid avatar.

• Like 1

ClAFLDa.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hated ESPN's college basketball graphics the first night of the season, but it's growing a bit on me as it seems like they've done a lot of effort for each school in creating unique sequences and stuff, so there is that. Still wish ESPN could just pick one graphic package and apply it to all sports rather than having 5 different ones but alas.

Also one thing to lookout for in the coming weeks may or may not be NBC. Usually on a Super Bowl year they break out the new graphics for the Winter Classic and Wild Card weekend rather than waiting for the Super Bowl itself. The last time they updated they also did a soft launch of their new scorebug on NBCSN a week or so around Christmas. So something to keep an eye on for the next few weeks there. Personally I'd rather them stick to what they have given I love how much they work the primary and secondary colors into everything, but that's generally not how sports TV works these days with the Super Bowl graphics changeup.

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

On 10/28/2017 at 3:27 PM, dmmdoublem said:

This is pretty much all I can find on YouTube:

A clip from the 2006 A's Preview Show

Literally three seconds of the 2007 scorebug

A full game from 2005. It's pretty similar to the 2006-2007 package, but I don't prefer it as much. 

Oh man, I forgot about that. I just recently moved back to Comcast Xfinity cable for the first time since 2007 and I found KICU in the channel lineup and had some nostalgia about that era. I love when sports are on local TV like that, it's sort of a lost art now cause everyhting is on Fox Sports or NBC Sports.

I remember there was a rain delay for an A's game once on KICU and the corner logo during That 70's Show wasn't the network graphic, instead it was the A's logo with an umbrella over it saying Rain Delay in place of Oakland Athletics. It was pretty cool.

• Like 2

bSLCtu2.png