Sports Graphics Packages, Historically

On 2/8/2018 at 9:11 PM, Old School Fool said:

Watching old NBA and NFL games on Youtube is annoying though especially during the 70's when they didn't tell you the down and distance, either hear the announcer or you're left in the dust.. I know back in the day people use to say "Hey man, what's the score?" when walking into the room but that doesn't happen anymore.

Recently I came across an article about NBC losing the AFC which stated that Dick Ebersol refused to keep anything on the screen because people wouldn't stay tuned if they always knew the score. That mentality made it all the way to 1997.

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/11/2018 at 9:50 AM, the admiral said:

Recently I came across an article about NBC losing the AFC which stated that Dick Ebersol refused to keep anything on the screen because people wouldn't stay tuned if they always knew the score. That mentality made it all the way to 1997.

That's true NBC didn't do that until 2003 with Arena Football 

• 2 weeks later...

Turner got a new set for their March Madness coverage. Looks great, and I love the "memories" written on the floor.

Also, from the looks of it, CBS and Turner have integrated the "official" tourney logo. The graphics that they've had since 2016 remain though.

I do wonder...what's the purpose of the audience section if it's only available for Selection Sunday (at least, I assume)

BosxcN0.jpg

qwU09Ao.jpg

cAZabEn.jpg

TWzM544.jpg

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

On 3/6/2018 at 3:21 PM, TheBigFiz21 said:

Not that it was a surprise to me, but it is nice to see the FS locals using the MLB graphics. I also noticed in the transition overlays that it's basically the postseason graphics tailored to the team color (FS Midwest uses Cardinals red, for instance).

I found this today, surfing around from a graphics designer with the upcoming Fox baseball graphics for this year. I'll have to warn you that 1) might have been made last year before the World Series since in use Cubs/Indians as placeholders and 2) uses the NFL theme. 

That 60 FPS tho.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Curtos07 said:

ESPN has new baseball graphics. 

espn.png

Love the graphics. Simple and clean. One picky observation on my part...why is the OPS before the BA? I think it should always go Batting Average, On Base Pct., Slugging Pct., and then OPS. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, NYUNDERDOGS said:

Any update on NBC sports?

No changes to any of their other properties.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

On 4/15/2018 at 10:59 PM, insert name said:

I thought NBC was updating everything for the playoffs? What happened?

If anything, I (and a good amount of others who are on the site who follow graphics) were speculating and expecting NBC to start rolling out updates with the Stanley Cup chase. Now that the playoffs are in effect, it looks like we may not see anything new for some time. Worst-case scenario: we don't see the new look again until the HOF game in Canton this August, maybe?

• Like 1

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png