Sports Graphics Packages, Historically

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
44 minutes ago, simtek34 said:

Still no change at NBC Sports with the Graphics for the Winter Classic so far. Could the new one on SNF really be NFL Only?

It is.

• Like 1

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, insert name said:

This could be the last time we see this current NFL on CBS set that's been used since Super Bowl 50. 

Has anybody heard anything about this? I wonder if they'll do a slight tweak to the scorebug like they did in 2013 or if they'll do a revamp of the entire graphics package...

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Tracy Jordan said:

Has anybody heard anything about this? I wonder if they'll do a slight tweak to the scorebug like they did in 2013 or if they'll do a revamp of the entire graphics package...

I feel like if they do anything, it's just gonna be a slight tweak to the scorebug. I feel like the current graphics are fine so why bother changing it.

• Like 2

7wldHiW.png

Chelsea.png

If I were CBS, I would use the CFB version of the graphics for NFL Games. It uses the full 16:9 Display, and it can fit full City/State names.

Comlare how it looks here in the Sun Bowl on CBS to how it looks in this NFL on CBS Game from this year. Same package, but fits the whole screen. Much better.

da0Lbhs.png

If CBS does unveil a new graphics package for the Super Bowl, I expect to see something "shinier". For some years now, we've seen sports graphics become simpler and flatter. Compare FOX graphics from 15 years ago to this season and you'll see a monumental difference. However, NBC bucked the trend last year with their new package featuring gradients and shadowing galore. I believe that this will be the first in a trend back in the direction of fancier scorebugs. If CBS does make this change, then I think we will be seeing changes in that direction all throughout the world of sports. 

• Like 2