Sports Graphics Packages, Historically

I'll be curious to know what Sky Sports graphics looked like. I know that there was some change-ups between which networks - Sky and BT - have which windows of games this year, so I don't know which of those two had tonight's game, but I'm sure I'll find out soon enough if Sky is in-sync with NBCSN or if they're keeping their own score bug and related graphics.

• Like 1

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

I'll be curious to know what Sky Sports graphics looked like. I know that there was some change-ups between which networks - Sky and BT - have which windows of games this year, so I don't know which of those two had tonight's game, but I'm sure I'll find out soon enough if Sky is in-sync with NBCSN or if they're keeping their own score bug and related graphics.

Sky did have the rights to tonights game.  

6 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

FWIW, Sky kept their usual scorebug

But yep, going to be interesting to see the BT window tomorrow morning, as well as the 10 am slot where there's the television blackout in England

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

On 8/9/2019 at 6:21 PM, insert name said:

I wonder if that's Premier League exclusive or if they'll use that for the NHL as well?

I'd like to see it get used for MLB on NBC Sports affiliate stations. The A's and Giants have had the same graphics packages for four seasons now, and while I enjoy it, I think moving to this new style would be subtle, but also refreshing and worthwhile.

Fox hasn't changed up the scorebug or bulk of its graphics yet but based on the wipes it looks like they've got something up their sleeve Week 1. And by something up their sleeve I mean still making Cleatus the Robot A Thing in the year of our lord 2020.

• Like 1

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, McGlinchey23 said:

What was the first network to do the headshots at the beginning of the game where the players say “First Name Last Name, University”?

What year did they start doing that?

I think that was ABC back in 2000, the same year they put Dennis Miller in the broadcast booth.

3 hours ago, McGlinchey23 said:

“Haven’t seen a package that tight since the time I got a C.O.D. from Teddy Kaczynski”

"Haley Joel Osment saw dead people more clearly than Brett Favre can see his own receivers!"

"I've seen internet dial up speeds faster than Warrick Dunn has been running all night!"

"Wow, look at those muscles. I wonder if Ed Hochuli is secretly The Incredible Hulk!"

"You gotta love Mark Brunell's scrambling ability, Al. I mean, he carried that football to the endzone like he fell prey to Montezuma's Revenge!"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, neo_prankster said:

"Haley Joel Osment saw dead people more clearly than Brett Favre can see his own receivers!"

"I've seen internet dial up speeds faster than Warrick Dunn has been running all night!"

"Wow, look at those muscles. I wonder if Ed Hochuli is secretly The Incredible Hulk!"

"You gotta love Mark Brunell's scrambling ability, Al. I mean, he carried that football to the endzone like he fell prey to Montezuma's Revenge!"

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times: what is the meaningful difference between lines like these and Deadspin comments

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫