Sports Graphics Packages, Historically

4 hours ago, DNAsports said:

spacer.png

ESPN came to mind for me, but now that I think about it, it does closely resemble NBC a lot more

UPDATE:

Differing fonts for each team-

spacer.png

If it’s like this for all teams and such that they cover, I’m gonna like it. Love that each team has there own font.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, simtek34 said:

Oh my god, it’s the 2006/2007 ESPN Monday Night Football Graphics...

Ya happy Admiral?

Actually, no! I don't like logos in place of abbreviations.

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The new scorebug is a huge upgrade, but I can't help but think it should be moved to one of the corners of the screen next season. It's not wide enough to look good centered at the bottom. Even they must have realized that, which is why they wasted more space by keeping the quarterbacks' stats on the screen all game.

• Like 2

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

They finally got rid of the minimalistic look, but it kind of surprised me that FOX was upgrading the graphics right before the Super Bowl.  However, FOX did tweak the FoxBox on its NFL broadcasts before Super Bowl XXXVI.  During the 2001 season, the scores were shown in white boxes, which were changed to yellow for Super Bowl XXXVI and the 2002 season.

That being said, I am curious to how the new graphics will be like when FOX rolls them out to NASCAR and MLB later this year.  For NASCAR, the network ought to revert to the scrolling ticker; and for MLB, I think the FoxBox should be moved back to top left corner of the screen with a conventional layout, or revert back to a bar at the top of the screen (much like what we had in the 2000s).

• Like 1