Sports Graphics Packages, Historically

1 hour ago, Mr. Krabs said:

Why oh why has NBC not updated their NHL scorebug yet? I've said before that their package looks like a visually dissonant mixed bag.

NBC's current NFL Graphics are NFL-Only Graphics. NHL, CFB, CBB, MLB and NBA on the RSNs, and more still use the Graphics from January 1, 2015. (Besides the Barclays Premier League, which has its own package. Probably due to NBC owning part of Sky U.K.)

• Like 1

da0Lbhs.png

15 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

My theory is that NBC will be rebranding in 1-2 years to look more like the Premier League graphics they have right now

I wouldn't mind that. I'd like to see NBC's regional baseball packages, in particular, resemble the current Premier League graphics

• Like 3

I know we keep on anticipating the NBC scorebug change that's never coming, but I guess there's a window to change it at the Stanley Cup Playoffs so it's in time for the "Championship Season" and Olympics. That being said NBC's practically given all their non-NFL and EPL properties new graphics for everything but the scorebug the past 2 years so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 3

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

It appears that the XFL on ABCESPN graphics are a modified version of their NFL Graphics package with Team Abbreviations, Over/Unders, "XFL" instead of the ESPN Logo, and modified to be higher to make room for the SportsCenter Bottom Line Ticker, which isn't used on ESPN NFL since MNF is the only NFL game each night.

• Like 1

da0Lbhs.png

39 minutes ago, Bruhammydude said:

FOX is using the Super Bowl graphics package for the XFL game, which likely means the scorebug design is here to stay for NFL.

Good. Especially comparing it to the past few scorebugs FOX has had, it is by far the best. It's small and takes influence from the early-to-mid 2010s designs yet is preferably at the bottom of the screen. The font is nothing special but it is adequate enough. I also love the updated statistics on the sides of the scorebug. They are the perfect way to implement live statistical updates into the graphics package without being intrusive. Add in the return of team logos, and it's already miles better than the previous edition, which was bland and took up a much larger portion of the screen.

The only thing I'm skeptical about is the cartoon-esque graphics, and I feel it would be a little awkward if some backup on defense scores a fumble recovery TD or something along those lines and the graphics department does not have a cartoon portrait for said person. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, ~Bear said:

Good. Especially comparing it to the past few scorebugs FOX has had, it is by far the best. It's small and takes influence from the early-to-mid 2010s designs yet is preferably at the bottom of the screen. The font is nothing special but it is adequate enough. I also love the updated statistics on the sides of the scorebug. They are the perfect way to implement live statistical updates into the graphics package without being intrusive. Add in the return of team logos, and it's already miles better than the previous edition, which was bland and took up a much larger portion of the screen.

The only thing I'm skeptical about is the cartoon-esque graphics, and I feel it would be a little awkward if some backup on defense scores a fumble recovery TD or something along those lines and the graphics department does not have a cartoon portrait for said person. 

Yeah, my other wish would be to put it in the upper left corner

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

Liking this much more than the ridic super hero graphic FOX rolled out for tuddys in the Super Bowl.

I have a feeling they'll do the same (standard team logos, not goofy cartoons) when the NFL season rolls back around.

600x340.jpg

• Like 4

6uXNWAo.png

18 hours ago, Bruhammydude said:

FOX is using the Super Bowl graphics package for the XFL game, which likely means the scorebug design is here to stay for NFL.

Was that actually in doubt by some people? Spend all that money to upgrade for JUST the Super Bowl and go back to basic :censored: for the 2020 season?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CubsRule2040 said:

Is it confirmed that NASCAR switched to the new graphics, or will MLB and NASCAR continue using their existing packages they've been using since 2017 and 2018, respectively?

Based on a few things Mike Joy tweeted out earlier in the week it looks like they'll be sticking to the 2017 graphics set this season

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

• 4 weeks later...
22 hours ago, RyanMcD29 said:

March Madness usually had a Turner based graphics package, so the rest of CBS doesn't go with them

(so maybe they'll update their NBA graphics sometime this century when the season restarts in the playoffs or comes back in the fall?)

Although, I felt the now-retired package was more based off of CBS (the font choice feels more akin to that from their NFL graphics than anything at Turner IMO). Hopefully it pairs well with what CBS may bring with whatever changes come after Super Bowl LV, especially since they have the two most widely watched events of the year in sports next year

• Like 1

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png