Sports Graphics Packages, Historically

18 hours ago, dmmdoublem said:

Also, ESPN's sticking with last year's graphics as opposed to their KBO package.

Unsurprisingly MLB on FOX also sticks with the current graphics they have used since 2017 postseason. But they bring back the 1996 theme song you heard that right!

Edited by TrueYankee26
what is with the misspellings today from me
  • Like 5

On 7/29/2020 at 2:57 AM, Tracy Jordan said:

Does anybody know why FOX decided to bring back the MLB theme this season? I was so happy when I heard it on Saturday, but I'm just wondering why it took them 10 years to finally correct their horrendous mistake.

Fox said they're going to use the NFL theme for NFL telecasts only, beginning this year:

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2020/01/abc-news-reporter-suspended-fox-nfl-theme-fs1-nbcsn-byu/

• Like 5

After keeping an eye out for years, I finally found a full game showing off the Oakland Athletics KICU package from the mid/late 2000's. This is from their final season on the channel before moving to CSN/NBCSCA full time the following year. I've always loved this era of KICU graphics, especially in the years prior to this one that used a score bug in the bottom right-hand corner (the score bar you see in this video was only used for one year; the rest of the package remained unchanged from the "bug" era of the prior handful of seasons).  Unfortunately, this video isn't of the highest quality, but with how rare A's games from the mid-90's through late-00's are on YouTube, I'm grateful. EDIT: Here's literally three seconds of the score bug that was used in the prior season. I like the score bar used in the video below, but when I think of this era of the A's on KICU, I think of the bug. As mentioned previously, the rest of the graphics package didn't change upon the shift from bug to bar.

On 8/10/2020 at 3:03 AM, dmmdoublem said:

After keeping an eye out for years, I finally found a full game showing off the Oakland Athletics KICU package from the mid/late 2000's. This is from their final season on the channel before moving to CSN/NBCSCA full time the following year. I've always loved this era of KICU graphics, especially in the years prior to this one that used a score bug in the bottom right-hand corner (the score bar you see in this video was only used for one year; the rest of the package remained unchanged from the "bug" era of the prior handful of seasons).  Unfortunately, this video isn't of the highest quality, but with how rare A's games from the mid-90's through late-00's are on YouTube, I'm grateful. EDIT: Here's literally three seconds of the score bug that was used in the prior season. I like the score bar used in the video below, but when I think of this era of the A's on KICU, I think of the bug. As mentioned previously, the rest of the graphics package didn't change upon the shift from bug to bar.

I never liked it when TV stations would have the scorebug/bar ONLY displayed during the "main" behind-the-pitcher camera view, and then have it disappear whenever any other different camera view was being displayed, including when the ball was actually in play.  This always seemed very silly and annoying to me, and I'm glad that no TV station (that I know of) really does that anymore.  If you're going to have a scorebug, just let us see it the whole time, ESPECIALLY when the ball is in play.  Isn't that kind of the point of a scorebug?  Haha.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The new graphics package has had a soft launch of sorts during some high school football telecasts this weekend. I quite like it so far. IMO it's a step up from the last couple of ESPN CFB score bugs, which I felt tried to squeeze a bit too much into a small space.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...