Sports Graphics Packages, Historically

The scorebug ESPN is using for the College Football Playoff games is annoying me.  They're using a gold box for the down & distance, and every time I catch it out of the corner of my eye I think there is a flag on the play.

RMRBvLe.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Echo said:

The scorebug ESPN is using for the College Football Playoff games is annoying me.  They're using a gold box for the down & distance, and every time I catch it out of the corner of my eye I think there is a flag on the play.

RMRBvLe.jpg

I swear, ESPN did something like this before. 

• Like 3

XM4KeeA.png

On 1/1/2021 at 8:18 PM, Echo said:

RMRBvLe.jpg

I’m hopeful that they only used the gold box because it’s part of the CFP. What bothers me the most is the minuscule arrow below the score to indicate possession.

gYH2mW9.png

14 hours ago, GeauxColonels said:

I’m hopeful that they only used the gold box because it’s part of the CFP. What bothers me the most is the minuscule arrow below the score to indicate possession.

I have a similar gripe with the NBC SNF score bar. You could argue over whether or not possession indicators are necessary, but if they're included they should be clear/obvious.

• Like 1

With one half of Super Wild Card Weekend in the books, I figured it'd be an appropriate time to share another graphics package collage. Today, we have the 2011 NFL on FOX package, which is still beloved by quite a few fans, myself included. Though similar in most ways to the 2010 package, there are a handful of noticeable differences, such as larger timeout indicators and out-of-town scores being on a horizontal ticker. The game I used for this collage, the week one matchup between Arizona and Carolina, can be found on the NFL's YouTube channel.

NMKRG4n.png

• Like 3

On 1/13/2021 at 5:33 PM, Kramerica Industries said:

Are my eyes playing tricks with me or does it appear the clock on NBC's banner is slightly skewed to the right compared to normal?

I might edit this post later for the sake of visuals, but I've noticed this with both games. And...it's annoying me.

The Rolex 24 would be an event to look out for if you want to seek a graphics change

• 2 weeks later...

I see that Prime Ticket is becoming Bally Sports SoCal. Frankly, I think the pinball gym network is terrible branding and the right move would have been to go back to local names for each channel: Prime Ticket in Los Angeles, MSC in Minnesota, the Sunshine Network, PASS, all those channel names you'd see in the expanded sports tier when you thumbed through the big PrimeStar channel guide.

• Like 4

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫