billman29

Sports Graphics Packages, Historically

CBS was using these on and off in the pre-kickoff features and with the augmented reality graphics, so don't be surprised if that's what we see on Sunday. If it is, it's... kinda like CBS and Fox's graphics had a baby

spacer.png

Source

Best CBS NFL gfx and it's not even close

Image result for 2008 broncos cbs

maxresdefault.jpg

51 minutes ago, Cujo said:

maxresdefault.jpg

This package and the current one are probably my two favorites from CBS. The only thing I didn't like from this one was the "heartbeat" effect they had for team and network logos.

Since CBS will be debuting a new package for Sunday's game, I was thinking of doing one of their packages for my next collage. I was leaning towards doing the 2009-2012 AFC Championship package or the one used from Super Bowl 47 through the 2015 AFC Championship.

I won't be surprised if they go with something similar to what CBS Sports HQ has right now. Maybe some changes to make it more sports broadcast-y instead of news-y.

On 2/3/2021 at 10:29 PM, Cujo said:

maxresdefault.jpg

Meh....2002-2005 and the one they have now are better, tbh.

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

2 hours ago, RyanMcD29 said:

This might be another hint towards what's to come on Sunday, too

[video removed]

There is way to much going on here, IMO:

spacer.png

Paint streaks, realistic beveled "plastic" renderings, outline mode logos on flat team colors, rotating cubes, and team name the plainest sans font possible. Feels like an El Camino swerving across six lanes of traffic, stylistically speaking.

You think if NBC were to have broadcast this game as originally scheduled, they would have revamped their graphics like they usually do?

2 hours ago, Mr. Krabs said:

You think if NBC were to have broadcast this game as originally scheduled, they would have revamped their graphics like they usually do?

spacer.png

Yeah NBC is notorious for basically having the same design for a long time, even the current (non-SNF) graphics are not much different from 2012-2015, and 2006-09 and 2009-2012's graphics were very similar to each other.

Edited by TrueYankee26
made it more clear

Cleaner look of what we'll be seeing later tonight

Eto7jCoWgAECo5q?format=png&name=large

If that's it, it's fukking awful. Everything just runs together. The Chiefs red box literally melds right into the Tampa logo. What an uninspiring, unimaginative downgrade.

Boring. I thought the font would be better when we saw the lower quality picture but instead it's terribly generic. And the font is the only remotely interesting thing in the whole package so far.

Honestly doesn't look all that different if I am being honest. Feels like a lateral move, basically just change for change sakes.