Sports Graphics Packages, Historically

18 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

The font on the graphics matches the new CBS Sports logo from what I see.

And the emphasis on the "eye" in the 3D elements of these new graphics are even more impressive. It'll be interesting to see what carries over and what changes once the regular season starts in September. Displaying team W-L record is critical in 2021, so expect that to come into play as well when they have to cram it into the scorebug after Week 1

• Like 3

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

New CBS package feels like a lateral move at best and honestly that might be pushing it. It just looks so...flat. 

The push for overt minimalism is played out, in my honest opinion. Not saying there shouldn't be a degree of professionalism, because there should be of course, but the 2009-2012 and the subsequent 2013-2015 packages were both better than what CBS unveiled last night. Uninspiring, especially after FOX had a massive upgrade at last year's Super Bowl. 

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Supposedly CBS and Turner had a new March Madness graphics package ready to go last year before COVID shut everything down 4 days before the Selection Show, so let's see if that was really the case later this evening. Given CBS hasn't used the Super Bowl graphics on anything since then and Turner's still rolling with a 6 year old NBA package, seeing is believing

• Like 2

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

It's been awhile since I've done a graphics collage, and this is one I've wanted to do for awhile. When possible, I like to use official league or team uploads for these, but I wasn't able to find one for the 1999 Fox Sports Net MLB package. Luckily, a YouTube user (who appears to be a former or current employee of Fox Sports Net Detroit?) uploaded some clips from a 1999 Tigers game last Spring. There are a few full games with this package floating around on YouTube, but none with video quality as good as this.

Overall, I think this was a pretty good-looking graphics package, especially for the late 90's. The only complaint I have is that the score bug was a bit small. Kind of a shame this package only lasted one season.

4UJQZcA.png

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Well, folks, today is the end of an era. After nearly 25 years, the Fox Sports RSNs will be rebranded as Bally Sports beginning tomorrow, March 31st. With that said, what was your favorite graphics package that the Fox Sports RSNs used over the years?

My favourites are personally the grapics package used from 2001-2005 and the one that followed it from 2005-2008: spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ChiCity95 said:

Well, folks, today is the end of an era. After nearly 25 years, the Fox Sports RSNs will be rebranded as Bally Sports beginning tomorrow, March 31st. With that said, what was your favorite graphics package that the Fox Sports RSNs used over the years?

My favorite package was the 2008-2012 one, although I can't seem to find any screenshots of it. They were branded as "FS Region" at the time

140px-FSN_Logo.svg.png

The current package that they're ending on is pretty good too, IMO. I'm generally a fan of flat type design.

I am curious as to what the Bally's package will look like. Not terribly optimistic from the initial peeks.

Logo for Bally Sports.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, projectjohn said:

I am curious as to what the Bally's package will look like. Not terribly optimistic from the initial peeks.

Here are some preview screenshots from an article earlier today. We're getting a very Marquee-based package. Gotta see what they have for basketball and hockey once they convert though

OnAir-Close.jpeg

spacer.png

Bally-Sports-North-Twins-Score-Bar.png

• Like 2

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

52 minutes ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

Here are some preview screenshots from an article earlier today. We're getting a very Marquee-based package. Gotta see what they have for basketball and hockey once they convert though

Bally-Sports-North-Twins-Score-Bar.png

Interesting. I really hope they aren’t going to have a continuous ticker built into it. I always find those super distracting on live sports broadcasts. Fox Sports had it

for 3 or 4 years in the early to mid 2010s before thankfully getting rid of it.

• Like 3

On the topic of Fox Sports Net graphics packages, here's their baseball one that was used for the 2000 season and for the first couple of months of 2001. This package was a bit of a downgrade from the one used in 1999, IMO, but it still looks quite good on its own. The score bug, in particular, has held up quite well.

In June of 2001, Fox introduced the first version of their famous black and yellow score bar, but kept the rest of the package intact for awhile longer.

vg04H1l.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, projectjohn said:

My favorite package was the 2008-2012 one, although I can't seem to find any screenshots of it. They were branded as "FS Region" at the time

140px-FSN_Logo.svg.png

The current package that they're ending on is pretty good too, IMO. I'm generally a fan of flat type design.

Would this be the era/package you were looking for?

23 hours ago, projectjohn said:

140px-FSN_Logo.svg.png

Logo for Bally Sports.png

There was a variation of that logo where the N is slimmer.

And by today we will finally see what the basketball and hockey version of the Bally Sports scorebug will look like.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, projectjohn said:

Interesting. I really hope they aren’t going to have a continuous ticker built into it. I always find those super distracting on live sports broadcasts. Fox Sports had it

for 3 or 4 years in the early to mid 2010s before thankfully getting rid of it.

Continuous scroll it is.. At least it only takes up half the bottom of the screen I guess.