Sports Graphics Packages, Historically

Ex2jA1RXIAIQ8Nr?format=jpg&name=large

Don't worry, in addition to being like 2005 NHL on OLN with the bottom scorebug, the needless stretching the whole screen, the needless space underneath, putting the shot totals and power play clock in the game action on top instead of beneath with all that space, and the distracting continuous out of town scoreboard, the GOAL animation only covers the box of the team who scored while the out of town scoreboard continues unabated. Oh, and all the motion graphics reek of AT&T Sportsnet quality

• Like 4

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

As far as the in-game GFX go, agreed to all of the above. Freaking Sinclair at it again.

I don't mind the motion graphics in general. It's clean with a bit of shine. But that scorebug/ticker thing is an abomination. The only thing they got right was making the score and clock so big and prominent.

• Like 1

NBC Sports RSNs are indeed sticking with the same graphics packages for the sixth consecutive year. Although, there's now a little indicator that pops up showing what type of pitch was just thrown.

I've been watching a bit of the Angels game, and I don't completely hate the Bally Sports look. It would definitely be better if the score bar and ticker were separated, but apart from that, most of what I've seen has been alright.

9 hours ago, ChiCity95 said:

g6yxgfcahar61.jpg

Found on the hockey subreddit. Guess where the puck is?

Answer: 

Hide contents

You can't see it because it's behind the baseball ad.

To be fair, this is a function of poor timing by the Ducks' crew rather than the new Bally "look." I saw this type of tombstone graphic used all the time by the Preds on FSTN, but it was always during a timeout and over a bench or fan shot.

• Like 1

Personally, I don't find the new Bally package that bad. At first I thought the ticker to the right was distracting, but at least on BS Detroit they started using that space for relevant stats like a batter's stats against the opposing pitcher.  

• Like 3

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?