billman29

Sports Graphics Packages, Historically

Watching highlights on youtube, I cant tell the score on bally because the time left on the video covers up the score.

I like the bar, but put it on top already.

I'm surprised by how much I ended up disliking the Bally branding and imaging. I knew I would dislike it, but not this much. Sinclair had that "American Sports Network" concept that didn't take off, even bringing that back would have been better than this.

NBCSN just debuted a new scorebug for Wednesday Night Hockey. With both the dissolution of the channel coming soon and the eventual transfer of NHL rights from NBC, my reaction to this is "sure, NOW you change it up." 🤦‍♂️

5 minutes ago, Mr. Krabs said:

NBCSN just debuted a new scorebug for Wednesday Night Hockey. With both the dissolution of the channel coming soon and the eventual transfer of NHL rights from NBC, my reaction to this is "sure, NOW you change it up." 🤦‍♂️

hhfNs8w.png

Here it is.

And as you can see, the Capitals have a runner on second.

Wow that sucks. It's like it was designed for baseball.

It doesn't help the fact that there is little to no breathing room for the elements; They're all crammed in there.

So I guess NBC's new (and final) look for the NHL is here to stay. Of course, the one time they do change it, it's right as they're about to ditch their NHL coverage...

I really do not like this new NBC score bug.  The numbers are gigantic and the logos are weirdly faded.  

Not to mention the weird diamond shape

If I did not know better I would say they did this knowing NBC Universal would merge with WarnerMedia in the future and BOOM NBC is back broadcasting hockey without winning the NHL rights deal.

On 3/31/2021 at 7:20 PM, The AFC South said:

New Bally Sports score bug

MoSQaGf.jpg

I've noticed that Bally's has made the gray space under the scorebug somewhat if not totally transparent, which helps a little.

vlcsnap-2021-05-16-11h06m15s841.png

Still holding out hope that that they will eliminate the continuous out of town scores ticker, although that's probably unlikely.

The new NBC scorebug looks like it was made for MLB but they failed to get the rights and didn't want the graphics to go to waste.