Sports Graphics Packages, Historically

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this is the proper forum to post this, but all the CSN networks, except SNY will be known as NBC Sports insert city name here, effective October 2nd. Full release from NBC.

I'm wondering if the Trail Blazers will follow along to the new "enhanced" graphics there NBCS cousins will use now.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Not sure if there's going to be much changes to the graphics besides the rebrand to NBC Sports, as the CSN's have been using NBC graphics for a few years anyway.

Would be nice for SNY to update over to the NBC set, though. Also would be interesting to see if NBC does their Super Bowl year graphics revamp earlier with that in mind or if they wait til the Winter Classic like they usually do

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

CBS+Fox+NBC≠ESPN's Monday Night Football graphics now.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

This is the problem with all the major sports networks right now. They have all trended towards a less-is-more style in recent years. First came NBC in 2012 (and again in '15), then Fox in 2014 and CBS just last year. Even ESPN's graphics for SC, college sports, MLB, etc. have that same feel. And now Fox is continuing that way...now I wonder how THIS will affect the other sports on Fox and the local FS stations

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

21 hours ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

This is the problem with all the major sports networks right now. They have all trended towards a less-is-more style in recent years. First came NBC in 2012 (and again in '15), then Fox in 2014 and CBS just last year. Even ESPN's graphics for SC, college sports, MLB, etc. have that same feel. And now Fox is continuing that way...now I wonder how THIS will affect the other sports on Fox and the local FS stations

Despite the minimalistic look, I like that FOX is using the score banner again.  That being said, I hope they'll synchronize the graphics update for all of its properties.  That is, I'd like to see MLB getting the new graphics for the 2017 postseason (perhaps and hopefully, MLB will revert to the score banner as well but at the top of the screen), and then NASCAR getting them in February 2018.